General

I'm being totally uncool....

Don't think you are uncool. Been to a musical yesterday evening. (yes, here in London.) Rock of ages was awesome, ok a bit cheesy.... Exept for the cheaper seats we had. Sitting folded totally, for me and hardly fitting for my wife. I expect the more expesive seats to be wider. But apart from that the show was awesome, with lots of 80's and 90's rock.
12 years

I was uncool before being uncool was cool...
12 years

i love rick astley - but then i am very very uncool haha!!
12 years

Sorry Softly, but if you're worried about whether you're cool or not...

...you're not!
12 years

Gingersnaps wrote:
It's not an opinion, Madam. Its a fact .

I think their 4 MTV awards, 7 grammy awards and 3 world music awards would beg to differ.

I personally dont like their music, so I just dont buy their music or listen to it, why put time and effort into hating something instead of just listening to the things you do like ?
12 years

Layla wrote:why put time and effort into hating something instead of just listening to the things you do like ?

What's the fun of that?
12 years

Abba, Queen, The Beatles and Lady Gaga.
12 years

Softly wrote:
But....
Is anybody listening to music that I actually know or have heard of? Is it really uncool to like the current sounds? Going through the other thread, apart from a few bands from the 80's I'm feeling like a granny!

Right......I'm listening to Ed Shearer at the moment..but it might be a bit of Coldplay in the car ( yes, launch the insults....smiley)

Is it uncool to say I don't understand the question?!

I don't know if I'm listening to something you've heard of. Depends if you've heard of Arthur Argent I guess.

It's not really uncool to like the current sounds (as long as you're listening to cool current sounds).

Erm. What?
12 years

Leave it alone all everyone please. No need to start any rumbles. Chill.
12 years

Gingersnaps wrote:

People contributing to the "what are you listening to" thread aren't actually into the music they claim to like. They're just parading their intellectual vanity.

Lol I don't think Gary was when he said Abba and Lady Gaga. He was being deliberately sporting.

So is the question, does anyone listen to any cool current stuff that is suitable for middle aged people? Or is it asking if it's ok not to care and to stick with what you like?

I'd like to think I'm not bothered about seeming cool in my musical choices but I must admit I skip the iplayer onwards if someone comes in when the sad goth stuff in my collection is playing. All About Eve and The Bolshoi are guilty pleasures I don't need people to know about. They're about as un-current and uncool as you can get.
12 years
12   loading