Gaining

Fear of the doctor's office?

Reminds me of a cartoon:

10 years

I agree with Doc's pic...Screw Him!As long as you're happy & your vitals aren't off the chart who cares!
smiley
10 years

I have to admit I'm dragging out a doctor visit too, because I've put on 30 pounds since last year. He weighs me every time I go in for my physical. I need to see him too, so the fear of disapproval is interfering with me getting care. I've even thought of fasting before my visit to get my weight down.
10 years

Remember, YOU are the customer. He is being paid to take care of you. You are free to refuse any treatment (dieting)
10 years

If your doctor suggests a diet, tell him only 2% of diets work in the long run. A much higher percentage of diets CAUSE even more weight gain. Why does he think it would be any different for you?
10 years

Mom was a nurse...she'd tell the Dr. the exact same thing...lol...But I can also understand you're friendly relationship...So you just politely tell him it's your concern & you're happy...THEN if he get's argumentive you tell him off...lol
10 years

Next time you go back heavier tell him you thought he said eat more & exercise less...lol
10 years

If your doctor makes a negative comment, you could try showing him/her this:

ideas.time.com/2013/06/24/if-obesity-is-a-disease-why-are-so-many-obese-people-healthy/

(With thanks to whoever posted it on a different thread)
10 years

You could also print a copy of this out. It might be helpful in diffusing his disappointment.
danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/what-to-say-at-the-doctors-office/
10 years

I know, if he starts talking about diets, you say "Sorry, I can't hear what you're saying. I've got this problem with my ear..."
10 years
12   loading