Extreme obesity

My 600 pound life episode

An episode of this show was on the channel my tv was tuned to when I sat down to watch tv this afternoon so I watched the show. I felt so bad for the man.

I don’t remember his name, but he was from Tennessee and he was close to 850 pounds at the time he and his family decided he needed help.

Obviously to get that big, he was a feedee and he had help to get food “informally “.

It was obvious throughout the show that he struggled traveling to the dr in Houston, and during the show he lost about 340 pounds in 4-5 months, eventually dying after a surgery to remove a skin flab at approximately 500 pounds due to a heart attack . They blamed his death on an opioid addiction, but it was clear his body went through a lot.

I have had talks with feedees when they are in the 850 range, bordering on immobility. I tell them they could lose weight and maybe get a normal life, but the odds are long and the road is hard.

So I offer them a choice of eating whatever they want whenever they want and I make them comfortable. Most take that option and embrace immobility knowing they will never be alone. Death at those sizes do happen, but to me it is the comfort of life that matters.

I felt that his last few months were not dignified and happy as they should have been
3 years

He could still feed himself and he ate at the table in a wheelchair. He used a large walker to walk at most 200 feet. So bordering. He slept naked, so I would have put him in bed, talked to him and fed him a cake
3 years

I think he was an emotional eater with a food addiction I have worked with people like that. Great people, very empathetic
3 years

Who complains about someone being hypersexual lol
3 years