Lifestyle tips

Trouble taking the plunge?

I’ve been fit my entire life, but have always wanted to get very fat.

But every time I try, I quickly back out. I’m concerned with how it might affect my professional, social, and dating life.

As of now, work is going great, I have a great social life, and my dating life has been awesome. And I know at least the dating life aspect is in big part due to how I look.

So while giving up an athletic physique to get massive is something I’d absolutely love, I really don’t want to sacrifice these other parts of my life.

Just looking for some insight on the situation.
2 years

bobbybob:
I’ve been fit my entire life, but have always wanted to get very fat.

But every time I try, I quickly back out. I’m concerned with how it might affect my professional, social, and dating life.

As of now, work is going great, I have a great social life, and my dating life has been awesome. And I know at least the dating life aspect is in big part due to how I look.

So while giving up an athletic physique to get massive is something I’d absolutely love, I really don’t want to sacrifice these other parts of my life.

Just looking for some insight on the situation.

If you don't want to do it, then don't do it. You might be happier with temporary things like bloating and padding. So you can enjoy being bigger but can go back to your normal life.
2 years

Munchies gives good advice; if your priorities are your career and relationships (and they probably should be), and you have reason to believe gaining weight will threaten them, then see if you can find happiness in the space between gaining and maintaining the rest of your life.

I'll be the devil's advocate here, though. Would you be happy in a long-term relationship with someone where maintaining your relationship requires maintaining your physique? Is your career dependent on physical fitness, whether for cosmetic or for practical reasons? Or would you continue to be valued by your employers even if you gained weight?

These are questions I'm sure only you can answer. But I think that even with the common stigmas around being fat, it doesn't have to be the deciding factor in the things which matter to you.
2 years