Lifestyle tips

Finding comfortable pants?

Since gaining some weight, it’s been a real shock to me how badly designed pants are for anyone with any belly at all. I used to be rail thin and now I am near the middle of the “healthy” BMI range, so I’m not even fat yet, but I do have a small pot belly I didn’t have before. Now, even pants that fit comfortably or loosely when I’m standing up cut into my belly uncomfortably when I sit down. At first, it was hot, but it’s quickly gotten old. Are there any types of pants that don’t do this?

So far I’ve found sweatpants are the most comfortable, but even those cut in, just to a lesser degree. The pants are so uncomfortable that it’s discouraging to me, I want to keep gaining and I’ve loved everything else about my new weight, but I am worried this problem will only get worse if I gain more. I’ll probably keep gaining anyway, but I would enjoy it a lot more if I had comfortable pants.
1 year

Now, as a guy with a very belly heavy, bottom light kind of shape, some brands have room in the front for belly storage, but most don't. In general, avoid straight or slim cuts, reach for relaxed fit, or better yet, elastic band relaxed fits. Aim for pants with a high "rise" (inches between belt and crotch seam) if such a thing is defined.
Now, in terms of fashion, I would avoid pleated legs. Low enough belly hang warps that line.
PS: is crotch a dirty word?
1 year

Spoop Skerry:

Sir, this is a fetish site.
1 year

Spoop Skerry:

Munchies:

I just meant in general, everyday use. I'm not gonna get banned for it, I know.
1 year

Spoop Skerry:

Munchies:

Spoop Skerry:
I just meant in general, everyday use. I'm not gonna get banned for it, I know.

I know. I just had to do it to you, lol.

Imo, while crotch isn't a dirty word, it isn't one to be used it polite or professional company.
1 year

I have to agree about pants design. My beach ball belly means I have to fit into pants slightly larger than what my 42-inch waist would ordinarily get into. My wife needs new pajama sweats since the stitching has surrendered to her 340 pounds :-) I’m told the popular big girl stores don’t put out jammie pants til September, though.
1 year

I had the same issue when I started gaining weight. With respect to pants, here is what works for me.

I will buy pants that are loose enough to fit comfortably around my belly, even when I'm sitting. If I'm actively gaining, I'll probably go up a size or two beyond that, just to give me room to grow. If the legs are huge, relative to the waist, I'll have the legs tailored a bit so I don't look ridiculous.

I then pair those pants with a set of undergarment suspenders. These are designed to be worn underneath your shirt. You can't tuck in your shirt while wearing these, but they're so subtle that most people won't even have a clue that you're wearing suspenders.

I then put on a shirt with fabric that's thick enough to prevent the suspenders from being seen. A simple polo-style shirt works. The shirt will also help conceal the looseness of the pants while you're standing up.
1 year

My BF has some pants that have an elastic waist band and he says they are comfy.
They are not dress pants or jeans kind of in between.
His dress pants he buys at a big and tall shop and they fit him fabulously.
He only lets his belly hang down when I ask him to.
I love it when his belly sticks out under his T shirts. So so hott.
1 year

So may I take it that you are all having your trousers over your belly? I usually have my belly over the top. Recently, I've been finding them falling down all the time when I wear the walkie talkies as well as large bunch of work keys!
1 year

CustardCream:
So may I take it that you are all having your trousers over your belly? I usually have my belly over the top. Recently, I've been finding them falling down all the time when I wear the walkie talkies as well as large bunch of work keys!

Yes, I wear mine over my belly. You make a great point. Thanks to the suspenders, I'm not worried about them falling down. If I were relying on a belt, then wearing them over my belly would not work. Those pants would fall down as soon as they slipped under my belly.
1 year
12   loading