General

In your opinion are those with this fetish are more likelier to be autistic?

Yes. Built in, full body weighted blankets are so nice
1 year

There have been a couple of similar post and you always find a lot of people responding.
On here I feel like there are a lot of people with ADHD, dyslexia and other conditions in this area.
There are some studies that show people that have this type of conditions have a different activation of the limbic system !
So it’s accultualy very likely that this fetish is linked to these Typ of conditions.
1 year

It's well established that people with ASD are more likely to develop a fetish than those who do not have ASD. There's plenty of people on here who have it. I know I do.

For reference:

www.jwatch.org/na43699/2017/04/03/psychosexual-training-youth-with-autism-spectrum-disorders

www.jwatch.org/na43699/2017/04/03/psychosexual-training-youth-with-autism-spectrum-disorders
1 year

Abso fucking loutely…just look at the massive online presence, also note the lack of feedee/ feeder couples online. ASD is a lonely “disease” (to me having autism is a very special gift few get to receive) I haven’t been officially diagnosed, but I have displayed symptoms of autism my entire life…I’m 20 years old and I still stim and rock constantly lol I have for as far back as I can remember
1 year

Abso fucking loutely…just look at the massive online presence, also note the lack of feedee/ feeder couples online. ASD is a lonely “disease” (to me having autism is a very special gift few get to receive) I haven’t been officially diagnosed, but I have displayed symptoms of autism my entire life…I’m 20 years old and I still stim and rock constantly lol I have for as far back as I can remember
1 year

Someguy6299:

I wouldn't say ASD is a lonly disease. I have someone. Autism runs in my family, and they've been able to find someone. And I know a lot of people who are on the spectrum who have long-term partners.

I will say that autism can present a challenge when it comes to socializing. Those who have maladaptive social skills will find it harder to find someone - neurotypical or not. This does not include terrible people who happen to have autism.
1 year

I mean, I'm autistic and here. But I think I'm into it because I was a fat kid growing up and I think something in me took the teasing and shame and it mingled with my sexual awakening during puberty and it turned into something to be ideal or desired. I think my autism has impacted it probably, but I don't think it initiated it. From what I understand, most fetishes develop from childhood experiences or something that is experienced around childhood.
1 year

Not autism, but likely Tourettes.
1 year

Not about this community, but I know there's overlap with the out trans community. I'm not someone on the autism spectrum as best as I know, so grain of salt and all. What I've heard on podcasts and such is that people with autism are more likely to look at the way most people do things and question why. It's obviously not the only way people get to asking why, but you ask why and then you start exploring other things and then if you're trans it's easier to discover and accept. Maybe something similar here?
1 year

I can't seem to think of a correlation between the two, honestly. I am autistic, tho.
1 year
12   loading