Lifestyle tips

Shorts

For the first time since I purposely put on more weight (since the knee injury) I went for a walk on our treadmill at home. This is part of my physio, but I do want to stay heart healthy.

My thighs rub now. 😁 My shorts rode up and stayed up. 😳 Thank goodness for boxer briefs. πŸ˜‚

I do go to a public gym, too. I want to maintain a musclechub balance of strong and fat. πŸ‹οΈ What do I do then? Sweatpants make me WAY too hot. Do I... Let them ride up and ignore it?

What if I'm able to jog a bit again some day? πŸƒAny solutions?
1 year

Shorts

MickRidem:
For the first time since I purposely put on more weight (since the knee injury) I went for a walk on our treadmill at home. This is part of my physio, but I do want to stay heart healthy.

My thighs rub now. 😁 My shorts rode up and stayed up. 😳 Thank goodness for boxer briefs. πŸ˜‚

I do go to a public gym, too. I want to maintain a musclechub balance of strong and fat. πŸ‹οΈ What do I do then? Sweatpants make me WAY too hot. Do I... Let them ride up and ignore it?

What if I'm able to jog a bit again some day? πŸƒAny solutions?

Not one for jogging, but my grandpa wears basket ball shorts and some leggings underneath. That and track pants.
1 year

Shorts

It seems I just can't walk with my legs apart enough to not have the shorts bunch up between my newly fat thighs. I was pushing/pulling the sled at the gym, and up they went. My boxer briefs stay down so that's OK. As I moved across the floor I thought, it's not like I can hide how fat I am anymore. I'm okay with people dismissing it as, oh-fat guy.

So, really, there's no "solution" for this I guess. If it gets more uncomfortable (as I get fatter?) I'm going to find sweatpants.
1 year

Shorts

MickRidem:
It seems I just can't walk with my legs apart enough to not have the shorts bunch up between my newly fat thighs. I was pushing/pulling the sled at the gym, and up they went. My boxer briefs stay down so that's OK. As I moved across the floor I thought, it's not like I can hide how fat I am anymore. I'm okay with people dismissing it as, oh-fat guy.

So, really, there's no "solution" for this I guess. If it gets more uncomfortable (as I get fatter?) I'm going to find sweatpants.

Bro, get you some leggings. Trust me on this. As a woman with thick thighs, they are a lifesaver.

Something like this:

1 year

Shorts

Ooooh. Are they like long underwear or do you have underwear beneath them? Do they help keep the shorts down, or you just have better coverage when they ride up?
1 year

Shorts

MickRidem:
Ooooh. Are they like long underwear or do you have underwear beneath them? Do they help keep the shorts down, or you just have better coverage when they ride up?

Man, you've been missing out all your life.

I suppose you can liken them to long underwear, but they are actually outerwear. You can wear them by themselves or with shorts. They keep your thighs from rubbing, some provide compression, and others help regulate your body temperature. I always go for the moisture wicking ones.
1 year

Shorts

MickRidem:

Munchies:
Man, you've been missing out all your life.

I suppose you can liken them to long underwear, but they are actually outerwear. You can wear them by themselves or with shorts. They keep your thighs from rubbing, some provide compression, and others help regulate your body temperature. I always go for the moisture wicking ones.

Apparently I have been missing out! I will look into these. I wouldn't wear them without shorts, though. I also see a benefit walking to my car in the winter without having to get changed.

I also wish shorts fit me like in that picture! Being shorter at 5'4" I find shorts that are big enough to fit my waist, are way too long and go past my knees, especially in the front as the waist slips below my belly. 🀣 Maybe I should learn how to sew...
1 year

Shorts

Compression Underwear work well if they fit you right and you don’t need to get expensive under armor like brands, I paid like 9 bucks for a 6 pack on Amazon and they work just as well as under armor. Chafing is caused by moisture and when you wear cotton underpants it never dries causing irritation
1 year

Shorts

Morbidly A Beast:
Compression Underwear work well if they fit you right and you don’t need to get expensive under armor like brands, I paid like 9 bucks for a 6 pack on Amazon and they work just as well as under armor. Chafing is caused by moisture and when you wear cotton underpants it never dries causing irritation

Excellent! Thank you. 😊 I assume, though, that none of these things will stop the shorts from riding up? It'll just be more comfortable when they do? πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ–πŸ‹β€β™€οΈ
1 year

Shorts

I’m unsure what you mean by this sorry you could try tieing your draw strings if your pants have them?
1 year
12   loading