Lifestyle tips

Lifting to grow strong, not only fat

RyanLarratt:
Do any of you do this?

I decided I could only continue gaining if my knees and the rest of my body stopped 'complaining'.

First I thought on quitting gaining, but then lifting weights appeared as a solution... because I DO want to gain and get bigger/fatter, but I don't want knee pain and other cholateral damage.

So there you go. How do I get fat without my body screaming in pain? I also gain muscle underneath, preferentially a lot.

Thoughts on this? Experiences?

I used to do this when I was a gainer. This is how I discovered I'm very bad at being a gainer and more suited for muscle than fat.

My partner is a big guy, and he's recently started working out so his body can handle higher weights.

Gotta say, too many people are sleeping on the whole fat person at the gym thing. It's a turn on like no other.
1 year

RyanLarratt:
Do any of you do this?

I decided I could only continue gaining if my knees and the rest of my body stopped 'complaining'.

First I thought on quitting gaining, but then lifting weights appeared as a solution... because I DO want to gain and get bigger/fatter, but I don't want knee pain and other cholateral damage.

So there you go. How do I get fat without my body screaming in pain? I also gain muscle underneath, preferentially a lot.

Munchies:
I used to do this when I was a gainer. This is how I discovered I'm very bad at being a gainer and more suited for muscle than fat.

My partner is a big guy, and he's recently started working out so his body can handle higher weights.

Gotta say, too many people are sleeping on the whole fat person at the gym thing. It's a turn on like no other.

RyanLarratt:
Nice to hear that! I believe it's like a big building - without a strong metal core, it will collapse soon. Good iron beams inside the concrete make the building stable.

As for the fat person in the gym being a turn on, how so? I got curious. Turn on for the other people in the gym?

It's a turn on for me, specifically. The tight gym cloths, the way his fat moves, all of it.
1 year

RyanLarratt:
Do any of you do this?

Munchies:

RyanLarratt:
Nice to hear that! I believe it's like a big building - without a strong metal core, it will collapse soon. Good iron beams inside the concrete make the building stable.

As for the fat person in the gym being a turn on, how so? I got curious. Turn on for the other people in the gym?

Munchies:
It's a turn on for me, specifically. The tight gym cloths, the way his fat moves, all of it.

RyanLarratt:
I guess that a confident man can go to the gym being fat and get turned on by the looks in people's faces being disgusted by his fat. Don't you?

Um ... what?

When was the last time you went to a gym? That's not how gym culture works. Like, sure, you may encounter someone snotty, but that's rare. Most people are either minding their business or are super supportive.

In fact, some of the nicest people at the gym tend to be the super muscular gym bros. They give people tips and tricks for free. Even hype you up to keep pushing through.

There's no humiliation aspect to this. I simply think my partner looks sexy when he is working out.
1 year