Lifestyle tips

Sleeping if more that 400 lbs

Hi,

What is more comfortable for you?

For me it was on my right, side.

Also being propped on my back up is becoming more popular at 450 plus.
1 month

I either sleep slightly on my right side, with a wedge pillow behind my back, or at an incline, which makes it easier to breathe. We've also installed a floor mounted rail/handlebar on my side of the bed in case I need to get up quickly in the middle of the night.
1 month

Fall asleep on my left side and wake up on my back usually but not always.
1 month

Semi-sitting is the best option to breathe well
1 month

Wife and I are both back sleepers primarily. She starts off on her side but always ends up on her back with what used to be her neck sinking into an ocean of fat that is her chest. Belly pokes up straight into the air as her shirt rides up :-)
1 month

Bigwideland:
Hi,

What is more comfortable for you?

For me it was on my right, side.

Also being propped on my back up is becoming more popular at 450 plus.

i am the same as you - mostly on my right side, with some pillows to help support me. when i turn onto my back, i need to be propped up a little with those pillows.

one of the things i really miss from my thin & fit days is being able to sleep on my stomach... as well as how easy it was to flip from one side to the other back then!
1 month

I sleep on my back I just find it to be the most comforable
1 month

On my back with a wedge pillow to prop me up to a halfway sitting position.
1 month

I sleep on my side but sometimes i worry about the weight on my arm as it is numb when i woke up sometimes
2 weeks

On my left side, to help acid reflux, but my arm always goes numb from the weight resting on it, so i often wake up on my back, im only 300 but i feel like sleeping on my back is kinda sufocating me with my own weight/fat from belly and tits ?
Anyone else feel this ?
2 weeks
12   loading