Lifestyle tips

Lower leg skin issues

Hi,

I have lower leg skin rashes lately, have cortisol cream from doctor. It most likely mild Stasis Dermatitis. Do others have this and how do you manage it.

BWL.
1 month

Lower leg skin issues

Bigwideland:
Hi,

I have lower leg skin rashes lately, have cortisol cream from doctor. It most likely mild Stasis Dermatitis. Do others have this and how do you manage it.

BWL.

Sounds like you have edema.

In addition to the steroid cream, keep the skin hydrated. Petroleum jelly does wonders for that. Also get some compression stockings. Elevate your legs when laying down. Take sitting breaks if you are going to sit for a long time.
1 month

Lower leg skin issues

Bigwideland:
Hi,

BWL.

This sounds weird, but after you put whatever cream on your doctor recommends, even if it's just lotion, wrap your legs in saran wrap and then put an ace bandage over it. It keeps the medication on your skin instead of having it rub off onto your clothing and takes care of stuff like that 10x as quickly. It's a little gross, ngl, but it works.
1 month

Lower leg skin issues

Bigwideland:
Hi,

BWL.

Letters And Numbers:
This sounds weird, but after you put whatever cream on your doctor recommends, even if it's just lotion, wrap your legs in saran wrap and then put an ace bandage over it. It keeps the medication on your skin instead of having it rub off onto your clothing and takes care of stuff like that 10x as quickly. It's a little gross, ngl, but it works.

This isn't weird at all. This is actually a common medical practice.
1 month

Lower leg skin issues

Bigwideland:
Hi,

BWL.

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:
This isn't weird at all. This is actually a common medical practice.

I know, a dermatologist told me to do it. That’s why I recommended it.
1 month