Gaining

Number of fat cells

I have been reading up on the development of fat cells. Most articles conclude that you can increase the number of fat cells to about 23 or 24 but most in adolescents year's. These tend to be cells under the skin. These can increase is size without much metabolic risk.

Once you are over 25 your fat cell counts are mainly unchanged. So you can gain till you Max out your cell capacity with low metabolic issues. After that your increase in weight is in your organs like your liver ect. This can lead to diabetes and so on.

So that explains to some degree how some people get to huge size as adults they developed more cells as teenagers.

Do we have any expert's that can input on this.

And how, if true can you know you maxed out your fat cells capacity?
1 week

Number of fat cells

Bigwideland:
I have been reading up on the development of fat cells. Most articles conclude that you can increase the number of fat cells to about 23 or 24 but most in adolescents year's. These tend to be cells under the skin. These can increase is size without much metabolic risk.

Once you are over 25 your fat cell counts are mainly unchanged. So you can gain till you Max out your cell capacity with low metabolic issues. After that your increase in weight is in your organs like your liver ect. This can lead to diabetes and so on.

So that explains to some degree how some people get to huge size as adults they developed more cells as teenagers.

I have seen some research that suggests that at a certain point as an adult, your body will be forced to create new fat cells. I’m trying to find that source…
1 week

Number of fat cells

Some obesogenic environmental toxins cause fat cells to multiply. Best to watch videos on which foods to avoid because they tell you exactly which foods to consume to become obese.
1 week

Number of fat cells

Bigwideland:

So, fat cells can increase until puberty. Once you are done with that, your fat cell count stabilizes. This doesn't mean they stay with you forever. Fat cells die, but your body replenishes them.

Fat cells have a max capacity, but that looks different in different people. Some have a low capacity. Others have a higher capacity. Either way, when that happens, you experience lipotoxicity. Your fat cells have no more room, so your body will store it in other areas like your muscles and organs.

This will make you very sick. Your body will start breaking down and it's all downhill from here.

I remember a video a male feedee posted many years ago. He was quite large and wanted to be 700 lbs. The video was a celebration of his gains and his plans for the future. He looks a little yellow and his breathing is weird. The comments tell a very sad follow up.

He died not long after. The sumptoms sound very similar to lipotoxicity. He reached his hard limit and decided to go past it. If I can find the video, I'll post it later.
1 week

Number of fat cells

The thing about fat cell numbers being constant past a certain age has been around for a very long time. Around 15 years ago it was debunked. There was scant evidence for it and a lot against, but nobody really checked to see if it was true.
1 week

Number of fat cells

Bigwideland:

Munchies:
So, fat cells can increase until puberty. Once you are done with that, your fat cell count stabilizes. This doesn't mean they stay with you forever. Fat cells die, but your body replenishes them.

Fat cells have a max capacity, but that looks different in different people. Some have a low capacity. Others have a higher capacity. Either way, when that happens, you experience lipotoxicity. Your fat cells have no more room, so your body will store it in other areas like your muscles and organs.

This will make you very sick. Your body will start breaking down and it's all downhill from here.

I remember a video a male feedee posted many years ago. He was quite large and wanted to be 700 lbs. The video was a celebration of his gains and his plans for the future. He looks a little yellow and his breathing is weird. The comments tell a very sad follow up.

He died not long after. The sumptoms sound very similar to lipotoxicity. He reached his hard limit and decided to go past it. If I can find the video, I'll post it later.

Are you aware of whether the eventual replenishment if fat cells occurs with the same limits?

Ie, would a person in a state of lipotoxicity do no more than replace those already lost, thus remaining with no greater capacity?
1 week

Number of fat cells

Nofbar:
The thing about fat cell numbers being constant past a certain age has been around for a very long time. Around 15 years ago it was debunked. There was scant evidence for it and a lot against, but nobody really checked to see if it was true.

To be clear, the idea was that you have all the same fat cells until you die unless you have liposuction. Fat cella die and get replenished like all the other cells.
1 week

Number of fat cells

Bigwideland:

Munchies:

FAMGM:
Are you aware of whether the eventual replenishment if fat cells occurs with the same limits?

Ie, would a person in a state of lipotoxicity do no more than replace those already lost, thus remaining with no greater capacity?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29991030/

As you can see here, you replenish about 10% of your fat cella every year. That said, if you have lipotoxicity, that means diddly and squat. At that point, you have fat deposits in places outside of your fat cells.
1 week

Number of fat cells

One of the reasons I am looking into this is that I was about 16 stone at 15 and about 25 stone at about 22. So may have good initial level of fat cell to expand. I wonder if any equations exist to estimate the weight you could gain with out toxic effects. Clearly this would be crude but interesting.

I did peak at about 580 about 9 years ago, and was still okay, mild blood pressure but not metabolism issues. But I am older now so my
plan of 600 maybe unrealistic.
1 week

Number of fat cells

Bigwideland:
One of the reasons I am looking into this is that I was about 16 stone at 15 and about 25 stone at about 22. So may have good initial level of fat cell to expand. I wonder if any equations exist to estimate the weight you could gain with out toxic effects. Clearly this would be crude but interesting.

I did peak at about 580 about 9 years ago, and was still okay, mild blood pressure but not metabolism issues. But I am older now so my
plan of 600 maybe unrealistic.

Not really. It's something that varies wildly from person to person. Plus, the older you get, the harder certain things affect you.

Imma level with you chief. Based on some of your previous posts, gaining to 600 is going to kick your ass. More power to you if you want it anyway, so good luck.
1 week
12   loading