General

How do you financially support your gains?

I’ve been wanting to completely give in to gaining but one of the biggest problems I’ve ran into is how expensive it is to eat enough to really put on weight my question is for those who managed to keep up a steady gain on a somewhat income would love to hear experiences and advice
2 weeks

Ultimateaaron12:
I’ve been wanting to completely give in to gaining but one of the biggest problems I’ve ran into is how expensive it is to eat enough to really put on weight my question is for those who managed to keep up a steady gain on a somewhat income would love to hear experiences and advice

2 weeks

Makemebigandbeautiful:
I agree. It is expensive. I was thinking about buying all junk food from the Dollar tree. Gaining on a budget. lol

Mm, mm, mm. Tell me you didn't grow up poor without telling me you didn't grow up poor.

Don't do this. It's a waste of time and money. Plus, you'll end up spending more money on doctor and dentist bills because you were living off of junk food.

What you need to do is stock up on bulk staples. Rice, pasta, potatoes, beans, etc. These are cheap foods you can stock up on. Not only will you spend less money in the long run than you would with junk food, but you have more food diversity and can eat more calories (and nutriton) over all.

Cook at home whenever possible. Look up recipies made for large families because those tend to be made with simplicity and a low budget in mind. Meal prep so all you have to do is warm up the food when you want to eat it.

Stock up on cheese and your low-sodium/salt-free nuts of choice for easy calories. Put condiments on everything.

You can have the junk food, but use it to supplement your gains. Do not let them be the main focus.
2 weeks

You can have the junk food, but use it to supplement your gains. Do not let them be the main focus.

I think that was the point: buy cheap junk food to supplement a standard diet.
2 weeks

Pleaseaccept3:

Considering the sheer number of times I have met people who explicitly only eat junk food to gain weight (it happens so so much) I will let Makemebigandbeautiful clarify that.
2 weeks

If you live in the suburbs, learn permaculture and plant stuff that you can eat!
2 weeks

Enas:
If you live in the suburbs, learn permaculture and plant stuff that you can eat!

This might be American specific, but if you live in an HOA, check the bylaws first, and get it in writing. I have seen cases where someone decides to plant a garden only for the HOA to pelt them with daily fines until the garden is gone.
2 weeks

Enas:

Munchies:
This might be American specific, but if you live in an HOA, check the bylaws first, and get it in writing. I have seen cases where someone decides to plant a garden only for the HOA to pelt them with daily fines until the garden is gone.

Aaah! The wonderful american freedom!
2 weeks

I work.
I save 25% , pay rent and bills, the rest goes to my belly, it helps being a single guy in my 30s lol
2 weeks

Pleaseaccept3:

Munchies:
Considering the sheer number of times I have met people who explicitly only eat junk food to gain weight (it happens so so much) I will let Makemebigandbeautiful clarify that.

Fair enough
2 weeks
12   loading