Gaining

Goals for anti-dieters

One of the best parts of being a feedee is never having to diet.

It seems to me if that's your motivation, your goal should be to get fat enough to qualify for bariatric surgery but not _too_ fat for bariatric surgery. Not that you should necessarily have bariatric surgery, just that it's nice to have the option and it's nice to know if you reach that target you'll never have to diet.

Fat enough for bariatric surgery would be 40 bmi. Too fat is 450 pounds. Someone 5'7" tall, for example, should have a goal weight between 256 and 450 pounds.

Is this a crazy idea? I don't know, somehow I like it.
1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

I saw body positivity and feedism as a license to give in and get fatter after struggling with crash dieting and yo yo ing for years so I def see where your coming from
1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

AskDrFeeder:

It seems to me if that's your motivation, your goal should be to get fat enough to qualify for bariatric surgery but not _too_ fat for bariatric surgery. Not that you should necessarily have bariatric surgery, just that it's nice to have the option and it's nice to know if you reach that target you'll never have to diet.

Fat enough for bariatric surgery would be 40 bmi. Too fat is 450 pounds. Someone 5'7" tall, for example, should have a goal weight between 256 and 450 pounds.

I see where you are coming from. But I do want to add some nuance to this. This is not a critique of you - just something I've noticed during my time in the community.

The real "anti-dieters" (if you can call them that) are that ones that eat for their enjoyment. I've seen many a gainer/feedee approach weight gain in a way that makes crash dieting seem more pleasant.

I call them the min-maxers. It's a video game term where you try to get the max amount of results for the minimum amount of effort. But when you translate that into weight gain, you end up with sick, miserable people.

They will eat some of the least appetizing combinations while constantly pushing themselves to the very limit just to get fatter. And when they do gain weight, they are too preoccupied with gaining more to even enjoy their progress.

I'd suggest that these people are definitely dieting. It's just that the numbers on the scale go up instead of down.
1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

110% agree munchies, and it’s somewhat important distinction as someone like me doesn’t really have a “goal weight” I just want to have my fill every meal and indulge my appetite whenever, and yeah while weight gain is fun I tend to fluctuate. I tend to over look caloric deficiency/surplus, I’m realizing it points out my distain for diets I can’t be bothered to count the calories + or - I just want to eat what I want.

If that makes sense
1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

AskDrFeeder:

Munchies:
I see where you are coming from. But I do want to add some nuance to this. This is not a critique of you - just something I've noticed during my time in the community.

The real "anti-dieters" (if you can call them that) are that ones that eat for their enjoyment. I've seen many a gainer/feedee approach weight gain in a way that makes crash dieting seem more pleasant.

I call them the min-maxers. It's a video game term where you try to get the max amount of results for the minimum amount of effort. But when you translate that into weight gain, you end up with sick, miserable people.

They will eat some of the least appetizing combinations while constantly pushing themselves to the very limit just to get fatter. And when they do gain weight, they are too preoccupied with gaining more to even enjoy their progress.

I'd suggest that these people are definitely dieting. It's just that the numbers on the scale go up instead of down.

I'd definitely attest to this. I gained around 270 lb in a single year, and I don't regret an ounce of it, but I will say it was a conscious effort everyday to stay stuffed as I possibly could at all times. Every week, my goal was to put on more weight than I did the week before. That experience wasn't entirely unlike a few years back when I lost weight through diet and exercise, which was also a constant effort. For me, gainjng was more enjoyable, but I was still counting the calories, getting on the scale, and measuring.
1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

Being involved with the size acceptance movement, I have seen way too many people die or become permanently disabled from Weight Loss Surgery. That is how Lisa Marie Presley died, I believe. Those who survived regained the weight. It doesn't work any better than any other diet, but with bad consequences.

AskDrFeeder:

1 month

Goals for anti-dieters

AskDrFeeder:

I dunno, bariatric surgery is becoming a thing of the past imo with the semiglutide wave. Why surgically alter yourself to permanently gimp your stomach when you can just have the injection take care of the hunger for you? Not everyone can get on it, but I'm now seeing Groupons for them so I think it'll be the new thing people beg for when they want to be skinny again (if not already). Besides, if you want to pivot to being a powerlifter, debuffing your appetite will hurt your gains in the long run.
4 weeks

Goals for anti-dieters

AskDrFeeder:

Chimneychonga:
I dunno, bariatric surgery is becoming a thing of the past imo with the semiglutide wave. Why surgically alter yourself to permanently gimp your stomach when you can just have the injection take care of the hunger for you? Not everyone can get on it, but I'm now seeing Groupons for them so I think it'll be the new thing people beg for when they want to be skinny again (if not already). Besides, if you want to pivot to being a powerlifter, debuffing your appetite will hurt your gains in the long run.

So, I work with medical records - including both bariatric surgery and the "semaglutide wave." Drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy are not going to replace bariatric surgery. Controlling for things like price and insurance coverage, there will still be plenty of people who will continue to get the surgery over the medications.

Not everyone is a candidate for semaglutide. You have allergies, drug interactions, health conflicts, etc. Plus, on average, people lose about 21% of their body weight on Mounjaro and 12-15% on Ozempic and Wegovy.

universityofcalifornia.edu/news/are-newest-weight-loss-drugs-too-good-be-true

This is fine for people who are overweight, but when you get to the obese and morbidly obese category, some people may not find it worth it.

On top of all that, you have to keep taking these medications to keep the weight off. This is not practical for some people.

Doctors recommend one or the other depending on what's needed. Sometimes, they prescribe semaglutide for certain bariatric patients who are struggling to keep the weight off or aren't losing the weight at the recommended rate.

You can check this out for more information if you are curious:

[img]https://www.alobariatrics.com/semaglutide-after-bariatric-surgery-does-it-make-sense/[/img]
4 weeks

Goals for anti-dieters

AskDrFeeder:

Chimneychonga:

Munchies:
So, I work with medical records - including both bariatric surgery and the "semaglutide wave." Drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy are not going to replace bariatric surgery. Controlling for things like price and insurance coverage, there will still be plenty of people who will continue to get the surgery over the medications.

Not everyone is a candidate for semaglutide. You have allergies, drug interactions, health conflicts, etc. Plus, on average, people lose about 21% of their body weight on Mounjaro and 12-15% on Ozempic and Wegovy.

universityofcalifornia.edu/news/are-newest-weight-loss-drugs-too-good-be-true

This is fine for people who are overweight, but when you get to the obese and morbidly obese category, some people may not find it worth it.

On top of all that, you have to keep taking these medications to keep the weight off. This is not practical for some people.

Doctors recommend one or the other depending on what's needed. Sometimes, they prescribe semaglutide for certain bariatric patients who are struggling to keep the weight off or aren't losing the weight at the recommended rate.

You can check this out for more information if you are curious:

[img]https://www.alobariatrics.com/semaglutide-after-bariatric-surgery-does-it-make-sense/[/img]

Interesting, I haven't heard of them being combined like this. But even in the worst case scenario, the worst effects of a semiglutide are only 1% from the physiology of the patient. Aside from a from the odd defective needle the experience the same even when applied by oneself. Compare that to invasive surgery (removing stomach tissue and stapling the stomach shut), where not only the materials and knowledge matter, but the experience of the surgeon as well. If you got the cash and travel time, your odds are much better to survive w/o complications with a skilled surgeon than your local operating room where you may be stuck with a rookie. If I had to choose for myself, I know which treatment would be faster.

As for semiglutide costs, the ingredients aren't the problem: everyone but the US generally has a better time getting it for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pndCjCKNZfQ

Frankly, it's scalping the US because R&D necessary to invent the drug was banking on the US to pay for it, and they don't want to stop the revenue by solving the problem until they get their fill. Thus, why America had a shortage while you could hop across the border and get it for a steal. And if the patent expired, people would make a generic, everyone that can take it would take it like aspirin.
4 weeks

Goals for anti-dieters

Chimneychonga:
Interesting, I haven't heard of them being combined like this. But even in the worst case scenario, the worst effects of a semiglutide are only 1% from the physiology of the patient. Aside from a from the odd defective needle the experience the same even when applied by oneself. Compare that to invasive surgery (removing stomach tissue and stapling the stomach shut), where not only the materials and knowledge matter, but the experience of the surgeon as well. If you got the cash and travel time, your odds are much better to survive w/o complications with a skilled surgeon than your local operating room where you may be stuck with a rookie. If I had to choose for myself, I know which treatment would be faster.

As for semiglutide costs, the ingredients aren't the problem: everyone but the US generally has a better time getting it for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pndCjCKNZfQ

Frankly, it's scalping the US because R&D necessary to invent the drug was banking on the US to pay for it, and they don't want to stop the revenue by solving the problem until they get their fill. Thus, why America had a shortage while you could hop across the border and get it for a steal. And if the patent expired, people would make a generic, everyone that can take it would take it like aspirin.

Beloved, you are missing the point.

This isn't about the efficacy of semaglutide. I don't think anyone is questioning that. It's about understand that you need different tools for different things.

Did you know that despite all of our medical advances, people are still using leeches and bloodletting in your average hospital? Sure, we don't use them the same way we used to, but there is still a medical use for them.
4 weeks
12   loading