Gaining

My friend can't have glutten but trying to gain weight any advice

She trying ti gain weight but can't cause she's allergic to gluten
4 weeks

That’s too bad gluten is in like everything, but There’s plenty of gluten free options I think you can even order gluten free pizza depending on the pizza place.

Also if they are like super allergic that’s one thing but if gluten just causes a mild tummy ache she could just not eat as much stuff that has gluten in it, meats fruits veggies it’s carbs and stuff that’s cooked with flour that becomes the issue
4 weeks

gluten is in lots of stuff, but it isn't a requirement for gaining.

as they look at gluten-free recipes and substitutions, they will find there are lots of options. as a plus, a lot of the time gluten substitutes are higher in calories, too - which means it can actually help you gain!

and every good pizza place has a gluten free option these days. they're usually not better, but they're often pretty good.
4 weeks

Toblunttocare:
She trying ti gain weight but can't cause she's allergic to gluten

There are plenty of gluten free options available nowadays, and they are often more calorie-dense than what they are replacing.
4 weeks

My partner is practically allergic to all food, including gluten. There can be good gluten replacements, but generally stay away from anything attempting to be bread that rises, it is objectively bad.

Drop biscuits and gravy can be made with the gluten free all purpose to make very good gluten free alternative to biscuits and gravy. Oatmeal cookies are great. Corn tortillas instead of flour.

I like cooking and I know its not an option for everyone, but I do think trying to find gluten free food is much harder than making it and finding replacements.
4 weeks

I do wanna add that just because some place advertises they sell gluten-free options does not mean it's actually gluten-free. If they are not taking the proper steps to avoid cross-contamination, your gluten-free pizza or baked goods might have a little bit of gluten in it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that wheat-free does not mean gluten-free. I know many people who think that as long as a product does not contain wheat, they are good to go. This is not necessarily the case. Cross-contamination aside, there are non-wheat foods that contain gluten.

This website gives a pretty comprehensive list of things that can have gluten in them:

celiac.org/gluten-free-living/what-is-gluten/sources-of-gluten/

That said, thanks to the gluten-free diet fad from a while back and a growing acceptance of Celiac disease, it is much easier to find gluten-free foods. Look for the gluten-free or certified gluten-free label. You can find a lot of things at your local grocery store, but if you want to get fancy, check out your local organic/natural food store. You'll find a lot more variety there.
4 weeks