Gaining

How to gain without becomic diabetic

I'm currently at 190lbs, and for some time I've been trying to get to 200lbs, seems like a small goal but I am at my heaviest rn and I want to feel how is it to gain some more weight. However, I've been trying in the past couple months to eat more, count calories, and nothing has worked so far.

I saw on another post that a good way of increasing my appetite and get more calories is by eating balanced meals, but to drink a soda and eat a Snickers bar two times per day as a snack, and some cookies before getting to bed. I haven't tried that yet, but looks like a good way to gain a couple pounds. Only thing is that it sounds like a lot of sugar and I do not want to become diabetic at such young age (24yo). Any advice?
3 weeks

Space your sugar intake out! Eat things like ice- cream, Greek yogurt, cheese, grapes, and stuff like that. You don’t have to full on eat something that has a ton of sugar in it. Some of the simplest foods have enough sugar in them to balance out other foods you may eat. If you need more advice or would like to see how I started and the meals I created in the beginning of my gaining journey I’d be more then happy to share them with you. If you’re comfortable I have discord which is blubberbabe. I’m not sure we can send Google docs through messeges here directly.
3 weeks

Anything that contains carbohydrates essentially converts to sugar when digested.

Avoidance of carbohydrates is the only known method of preventing type 2 diabetes without relying on medication.

It's also very difficult to gain weight without consuming carbohydrates.
3 weeks

Newenglander:
Anything that contains carbohydrates essentially converts to sugar when digested.

Avoidance of carbohydrates is the only known method of preventing type 2 diabetes without relying on medication.

It's also very difficult to gain weight without consuming carbohydrates.

Difficult, but not impossible.

Also, don't avoid carbs. Don't go crazy, but don't cut them out when you have no health reason to do so. You do need some level of carbs to function.
3 weeks

Otherday99:
I'm currently at 190lbs, and for some time I've been trying to get to 200lbs, seems like a small goal but I am at my heaviest rn and I want to feel how is it to gain some more weight. However, I've been trying in the past couple months to eat more, count calories, and nothing has worked so far.

I saw on another post that a good way of increasing my appetite and get more calories is by eating balanced meals, but to drink a soda and eat a Snickers bar two times per day as a snack, and some cookies before getting to bed. I haven't tried that yet, but looks like a good way to gain a couple pounds. Only thing is that it sounds like a lot of sugar and I do not want to become diabetic at such young age (24yo). Any advice?

There is no guaranteed method, because weight gain invariably causes some degree of visceral fat accumulation, which contributes to insulin resistance.

To minimise the likelihood you would need to preserve your insulin creation function as long as possible. Avoid eating sugars and things that rapidly convert to sugars. Eat complex carbohydrates, some fat, and protein.
3 weeks