Gaining

Advice for new gainer

I am considering letting go and gaining weight, something I thought about for a while. I had been at just barely overweight (154 pound) at height 166cm. Learning I was unintentionally overweight has caused me to overeat every single day for a week where I gained a very minimal amount of fat. My body feels different in a way I love, my stomach has gotten softer, as have my back and thighs. I have the desire to get huge, but I have my doubts in all this, as I want to be able to return to my former 155 pound range If this is not for me. However I know I wont know what I like if I dont try. If I end up really liking it, I will go for a bigger size.

As a way to test the waters, what is a good starting gain that will have mininal permanent effects (mainly skin tightness upon losing weight and metabolism etc)? At what point might weight gain result in permanent effects? Im aware fat cells dont go away once formed and how I will always regain more easily, which I'm perfectly okay with. As a small note, I heard keeping from regaining even minimal weight in the long term is statistically low, is this true?

Thank you, I know I have a lot of questions, but I just want to be informed. I will keep updates if I choose to gain weight and how that is going.
2 weeks