Gaining

Increasing stomach capacity/appetite

Hey y'all, I've been having an issue with my weight stagnating recently. I've been doing more of a go with the flow type gain so I've increased the amount of food I eat in a day but I stop just barely past getting full because after that point I just feel sick. Does anyone have any advice on how to increase your appetite/stomach capacity?
2 weeks

SumoSized:
Hey y'all, I've been having an issue with my weight stagnating recently. I've been doing more of a go with the flow type gain so I've increased the amount of food I eat in a day but I stop just barely past getting full because after that point I just feel sick. Does anyone have any advice on how to increase your appetite/stomach capacity?

Ramen noodles

Don't use the seasoning packet if you don't want your blood pressure to french kiss the stars. But I highly recommend seasoning the noodles.

When you make the noodles, leave very little juice. Eat as much as you can comfortably stand. Then get any non-fizzy drink of your choice and nurse it. The noodles will expand with the liquid you drink, so don't chug it.
1 week

SumoSized:

Munchies:
Ramen noodles

Don't use the seasoning packet if you don't want your blood pressure to french kiss the stars. But I highly recommend seasoning the noodles.

When you make the noodles, leave very little juice. Eat as much as you can comfortably stand. Then get any non-fizzy drink of your choice and nurse it. The noodles will expand with the liquid you drink, so don't chug it.

Interesting I haven't heard of that technique, I'll definitely have to give it a shot
1 week

SumoSized:

Munchies:
Ramen noodles

SumoSized:
Interesting I haven't heard of that technique, I'll definitely have to give it a shot

The trick is to slowly expand your stomach in a way that you can control. Ramen noodles are cheap, quick, and easy, and they also expand a lot in water. This way, if it gets too much, you can stop.
1 week

SumoSized:

Do you calorie count? What’s the breakdown of your average meal? Do you mean you get full after a day of eating or after each meal.
1 week

SumoSized:

Morbidly A Beast:
Do you calorie count? What’s the breakdown of your average meal? Do you mean you get full after a day of eating or after each meal.

I try to do a minimum of 800 calories per meal (more if I can), and then snack for a few hundred more calories throughout the day. And I usually end off the day eating around 3,500 or so. I just get really full after each meal and I feel like I have to force myself to eat snacks in between meals
1 week

SumoSized:

Munchies:
Ramen noodles

I got to try this
1 week

SumoSized:

Munchies:
Ramen noodles

SumoSized:

Munchies:
The trick is to slowly expand your stomach in a way that you can control. Ramen noodles are cheap, quick, and easy, and they also expand a lot in water. This way, if it gets too much, you can stop.

I just tried this today - can vouch!
1 week

SumoSized:
I try to do a minimum of 800 calories per meal (more if I can), and then snack for a few hundred more calories throughout the day. And I usually end off the day eating around 3,500 or so. I just get really full after each meal and I feel like I have to force myself to eat snacks in between meals

Don’t take this the wrong way but I think you might be pushing yourself to hard each meal, you should try to eat more with your eyes, granted you might end up eating less but your tummy and appetite will be larger, there’s times where I might have 1 meal a day with more snacks or light meals.

This is just an aside but I wonder how I even ended up fat tbh I never counted a calorie, are some people just naturally more gluttonous than others?
1 week

SumoSized:

Morbidly A Beast:
Don’t take this the wrong way but I think you might be pushing yourself to hard each meal, you should try to eat more with your eyes, granted you might end up eating less but your tummy and appetite will be larger, there’s times where I might have 1 meal a day with more snacks or light meals.

This is just an aside but I wonder how I even ended up fat tbh I never counted a calorie, are some people just naturally more gluttonous than others?

I'll definitely have to give that a try, I think I, like a lot of others on this site see other people's gains and try to replicate them, and start to feel like failures when we don't get the same results because all of our bodies are different and process food differently.
And to answer your aside, you probably just have a slower metabolism and so you didn't have to try as hard to get the results you wanted. I know in the fitness community they use the term hard gainer to refer to people who struggle to put on muscle and honestly it works the same with fat. (Though funnily enough I'm not a hard gainer when it comes to putting on muscle, but I am when it comes to fat)
1 week