Fat experiences

Fat friend

Has anyone ever experienced being the fat friend? I used to be perfect and skinny like the rest of my friend group but then I started to gain weight… I can’t stop eating and I eat all night when no one can see. My friends were being nice and didn’t say anything at first but now they’re starting to treat me different. They make fun at me and actually poke at my belly, they call me the blueberry girl but then say “omg we’re joking you’re beautiful”. It hurts but I don’t want to have no friends. What do i do?
3 days

Fat friend

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Real friends don’t make you feel uncomfortable in your own body or poke fun at your insecurities, even if they claim it’s just a joke. I had “friends” who did the same thing. I’d honestly try talking to them privately and explaining how much their comments hurt you, and If they care about you, they’ll make an effort to stop
3 days

Fat friend

Before this thread, I knew that as a result of my gaining journey, I've been outweighing one friend after the other for the first time ever, and these friendships stretch back decades. Now, reading this thread... I'm realizing that there is no one left. I'm the fat friend in the group. This is made worse by two of the others having slimmed down while I've gained nearly 90 pounds. I used to be the thinnest one.

No one has said anything... yet... but I see the looks, and I'm going to gain much more weight. I guess it's probably coming. I can say that when the day comes that someone *does* say something, it will likely be from the health angle / "I'm worried about you", and I have every intention of shutting that down instantly.
2 days

Fat friend

MCC2018:
They make fun at me and actually poke at my belly, they call me the blueberry girl but then say “omg we’re joking you’re beautiful”. It hurts but I don’t want to have no friends. What do i do?


If they are female "friends," then they know exactly what they are doing. I hate to break it to you, but those aren't friends. They are "frienemies." I understand that you don't want to be without friends. I think your best bet is to make new, genuine friends and, once you're secure in your new friend group, then cut your frienemies loose and move on from them.
2 days

Fat friend


Zora:
If they are female "friends," then they know exactly what they are doing.


Wow, this made me think. I am a dude, I found this topic interesting but I realise I don’t really understand why girls could react like that. What these “frennemies” are doing? (It is a completely genuine question, I hope it isn’t hurting anyone …)
23 hours

Fat friend

I have friends of all shapes and sizes. And really I would never, ever, comment about the way someone looks, especially about their weight.

I know from experience the weight can be a very personal topic, and sometimes it can be very sensitive too. I can’t imagine talking about it without being invited to, and if it happens I would use very cautious words.
23 hours