General

Any 'coming out of the fridge' success stories?

mithos wrote
I find that my reluctance to come out of the fridge spawns from a few things. One certainly is that my mom is a health nut, and my dad exercises every morning before work. I cannot imagine their response being anything but negative.

The other part is more internal. I love the mountains. I have climbed to the summit of Mt. St. Helens and I absolutely love it. I really enjoy backpacking in the Cascades and being outdoors. All of these are extremely physically demanding. I really enjoy being fat and I want to be fatter, but I just can't put all of this behind me and say, "I'm done with that stuff now". So there is this internal conflict that is also keeping me back. Also most of my friends also enjoy backpacking and all of them are physically fit, so I'm usually left is the back as the slow, fat guy.

You can be fat and fit, where was that post of the 300lb guy killing it at the gym, he's my new hero! smiley
13 years

ThatReesesGirl wrote
Maximum wrote
mithos wrote
I find that my reluctance to come out of the fridge spawns from a few things. One certainly is that my mom is a health nut, and my dad exercises every morning before work. I cannot imagine their response being anything but negative.

The other part is more internal. I love the mountains. I have climbed to the summit of Mt. St. Helens and I absolutely love it. I really enjoy backpacking in the Cascades and being outdoors. All of these are extremely physically demanding. I really enjoy being fat and I want to be fatter, but I just can't put all of this behind me and say, "I'm done with that stuff now". So there is this internal conflict that is also keeping me back. Also most of my friends also enjoy backpacking and all of them are physically fit, so I'm usually left is the back as the slow, fat guy.

You can be fat and fit, where was that post of the 300lb guy killing it at the gym, he's my new hero! smiley

So vaguely related, but my BF is 300 ish, and goes to the gym like every other day. He's been begging me to go with him, mostly for muscle strength and cardio reasons. But you've made me think Max, maybe I should go just to watch his belly bounce around on the treadmill. How smexy would that be? smiley

lol, go, enjoy, think of what you are missing out! smiley
13 years

juicy wrote
I have, actually. Slowly, only to close friends and my partner and my daughter. And no one has reacted badly.

They've been confused, and asked questions, and they've told me they don't understand. Only one has expressed some health concerns, but she didn't push it.

Of course, I had done a lot of preparation with people, so they knew I was active in fat liberation, and that I had read a lot, and written a bit. So they already knew I am fat-positive, if you will.

So yeah, my feeling is that it takes a lot of courage, and it takes a lot of thought about how you want to phrase things, but it's *totally* worth doing. I can't tell you how liberated I feel by it.

Fat is okay! smiley
13 years
12   loading