General

Transgender resource recommendations

Remember canuck gender and sexuality are two different things.
3 years

Ditzy:
Remember canuck gender and sexuality are two different things.

absolutely! and that's why i mention them separately. i think acceptance of sexuality is way ahead in relation to gender and gender identification, but i have no hard data to support that. that's just based on my feeling as a pansexual person, as compared to what emily describes as a trans woman.
3 years

I know that you know that I just said it again because most people don't understand that and have a hard time with that fact and consider them the same.
3 years

toronto, where we live, has quite an active lgbtq community (our pride parade is one of the largest in the world, i believe, as an example), and we have found a few local groups online (though facebook, which is kind of... ugh...), which also have in-person meet-ups (when there aren't pandemics, lol), which has been great. met some very helpful, kind, and positive people and couples there.

one of the surprises - and i don't know why i expected anything different, tbh - was that even within this tiny sub-community, people get judgemental about one another. it's not different than the feedist community, or any other, i suppose, so i don't know why it bugs me. still, to have one trans person judge another's decisions on how they feel they need to transition, or to have or nothave a particular surgery really surprised me (and tbh, angered me) .

still, must not let the rotten apples ruin it for everyone else, right?

always remember that you can choose to be kind. smiley
3 years
12   loading