General

Recent return to yugioh

Kaede45:
I loved & played Yu-Gi-Oh! for years man! I quit several years ago, however, because the game hit a point where it was no longer fun to play. I only got to really play in tournaments & of course the meta was so completely broken that you either played a meta deck or you just didn't play... The game turned into solitaire & I just couldn't stand it anymore! So I quit & never looked back. Frankly, there are days where I want to play again, but I just can't get over how much absolute bullshit ensued & I just don't want to subject myself to that kind of torture again. I'm already dealing with self-loathing & I don't need to subject myself to anymore masochism...

If you enjoy it, great! I'm happy for you. I wish I could enjoy it again, but Yu-Gi-Oh! is dead to me & that's my take. Feel free to ignore me.

Either way, God bless!

Dw man that's okay. A lot of people have given it up, but there's no reason to tie self-worth to the game, as toxic as people can be. I am going back to it knowing that I'm playing casual and won't necessarily win. I might play some of the rogue options here and there for a bit more strength, maybe follow the meta to see what's going on. But ultimately, my goal is to have fun and look at creative deck building, so I don't mind if I am not that competitive.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

I think that’s a perfectly fine take and yeah maybe it’s just the trend of card games to become over complicated and kinda busted over time.

Also, sphere mode is hilarious especially when you have ra. I just never used phoenix mode because it was too much text for me to try and figure out. The it’s time to dddduel is some high power nostalgia.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
I think that’s a perfectly fine take and yeah maybe it’s just the trend of card games to become over complicated and kinda busted over time.

Also, sphere mode is hilarious especially when you have ra. I just never used phoenix mode because it was too much text for me to try and figure out. The it’s time to dddduel is some high power nostalgia.

There is a video from Dkayed on Youtube with some fantastic duels using Egyptian Gods, it was hilarious. on Duel Live, there was a player who duelled a Floowandereeze player with Slifer control
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

I think I’ve watched some of their stuff and slider control seems like it’d be really fun to pull off in a dedicated deck. I think burial mound of the creators of whatever their field card is might offer them some limited protection which would help.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
I think I’ve watched some of their stuff and slider control seems like it’d be really fun to pull off in a dedicated deck. I think burial mound of the creators of whatever their field card is might offer them some limited protection which would help.

Yea, Mound of the Bound Creator is really good. It protects any level 10 on the field and when destroyed, you get a free search for a Divine monster, which is great since Obelisk and Slifer have no search cards.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

I remember using it, there’s also the true name I think which is a gimmicky way to search them out or maybe just ra I think. I mainly like using metal slime then fusing it into Egyptian god slime since it’s pretty beefy and if they don’t have an out you can just stall with it until you get one of the gods. I also ran there can only be one I’m pretty sure as a flood gate but it had the annoying drawback of blocking slime from fusing making bringing out the god cards impossible though it did a good job of halting other decks. If your looking for a decent deck other than god cards, trap trix are really fun there’s just something satisfying about seeing a key piece or boss monster die to one of your traps.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
I remember using it, there’s also the true name I think which is a gimmicky way to search them out or maybe just ra I think. I mainly like using metal slime then fusing it into Egyptian god slime since it’s pretty beefy and if they don’t have an out you can just stall with it until you get one of the gods. I also ran there can only be one I’m pretty sure as a flood gate but it had the annoying drawback of blocking slime from fusing making bringing out the god cards impossible though it did a good job of halting other decks. If your looking for a decent deck other than god cards, trap trix are really fun there’s just something satisfying about seeing a key piece or boss monster die to one of your traps.

Yea, great ideas. God cards need stall and protection to work, so some of the floodgates are good, especially for something like Slifer Control. And yes there is True Name, Ancient Chant etc. Ra has the most support of the 3 Gods. Traptrix are pretty awesome too, I remember Rafflesia being quite strong.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Kinda sad that most of it is just ra support. I forget which trap tries it is maybe myrmelo but one of them let’s you pop back row on a special summon I think which chains really well with their extra deck monsters being able to res them. Only issue was getting hard done by from an eldlich skill drain deck which is ironic that a trap would hamstring the trap archetype.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
Kinda sad that most of it is just ra support. I forget which trap tries it is maybe myrmelo but one of them let’s you pop back row on a special summon I think which chains really well with their extra deck monsters being able to res them. Only issue was getting hard done by from an eldlich skill drain deck which is ironic that a trap would hamstring the trap archetype.

Also idk why but they gave Obelisk protection from being targeted by card effects, but neither Slifer nor Ra, only that their normal summons can't be negated. Not enough space on the card text. And yep Myrmeleo looks quite good (just checked it out). Eldlich is pretty strong, I don't blame it for falling to floodgates. Seems like Ishizu/Tearlament is stronger than Eldlich now though.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Yeah I saw a video about the ishizu retrains being busted with tearlaments. I haven’t really played or kept up with the game for about a year though, I just remember true king of all calamities and rongominiad being the annoying goblin cards at the time.
1 year
12345   loading