General

Other intuitive eaters?

Morbidly A Beast:
how do you differentiate between gluttonous cravings for food and what your body wants/needs? Maybe I used to be able to differentiate them but I currently can’t I’m either starving or almost stuffed/stuffed

It's hard at first, but you can achieve it over time through self-reflection and research. I don't think about what I eat too much until I start craving things. For example, if I get a sudden craving for something deep-fried and crunchy or something sugary, I'm probably stressed about something. I usually want those foods because they make me feel good - at least until the sheer amount of grease and dough makes me feel bad later. But if I'm craving sushi or seaweed, I know that my iron, omega-3, and/or iodine levels are low.
10 months

Other intuitive eaters?

Morbidly A Beast:
how do you differentiate between gluttonous cravings for food and what your body wants/needs? Maybe I used to be able to differentiate them but I currently can’t I’m either starving or almost stuffed/stuffed

ForeverFFA:
If you really want to get to the bottom of this and have the time/money, I recommend seeing a HAES or intuitive eating dietician. I may be nerding out on this topic right now, but I have zero expertise beyond my own lived experience.

It peaked my curiosity is all you’re good smiley
10 months

Other intuitive eaters?

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:
It's hard at first, but you can achieve it over time through self-reflection and research. I don't think about what I eat too much until I start craving things. For example, if I get a sudden craving for something deep-fried and crunchy or something sugary, I'm probably stressed about something. I usually want those foods because they make me feel good - at least until the sheer amount of grease and dough makes me feel bad later. But if I'm craving sushi or seaweed, I know that my iron, omega-3, and/or iodine levels are low.

Interesting.

What would you say your body is telling you to an amount of food instead of a specific food I’ve been craving amounts recently like x ammount of burritos maybe it’s hard to read cause I’m actively going for it but it’s just super curious to me is all
10 months

Other intuitive eaters?

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:

Morbidly A Beast:
Interesting.

What would you say your body is telling you to an amount of food instead of a specific food I’ve been craving amounts recently like x ammount of burritos maybe it’s hard to read cause I’m actively going for it but it’s just super curious to me is all

Honestly, I just eat until I am no longer hungry. I don't enjoy having a stomach filled with food. It weighs me down, makes me sleepy, and I can't get comfy. A lot of people like that stuff around here, but there's a reason I'm a feeder and not a feedee.
10 months
12   loading