Feedback and suggestions

Can we get better bot and scamer protection

yes i know thankyou

as someone who done mod work on other services i hope this gets added.

As for code addition atleast a shorter term fix would be look into the line of code that is for requesting a username to be rendered assuming that code well ordered and the user name rendering code is located in a single or a few function (cant tell as i cant see the code base)

A simple check for verification followed by appending a check mark to the username string at time of HTML rendering should be a short term but very useful tool for users to click or not click user profiles or accept DMs

IDK if this already done but also check that users can sigh up witht the alter unicode in the username as well.
1 month

2seatsalways:
Anyone using a vpn should immediately have their profile flagged. That is an easy way to identify a scammer here. I do think we need a new coding option. Really wish more users would sound off here.

I do know a lot of people use vpns for actual privacy reasons but a lot do use them for scamming if anything if they are detected using a VPN a moderator should be immediately going in for verification

So when they are being flagged for vpns it shouldn't be a complete dead cutoff but it should raise an alarm bell that someone should look closer
1 month

2seatsalways:
Anyone using a vpn should immediately have their profile flagged. That is an easy way to identify a scammer here. I do think we need a new coding option. Really wish more users would sound off here.

LydiaFatPuppy:
I do know a lot of people use vpns for actual privacy reasons but a lot do use them for scamming if anything if they are detected using a VPN a moderator should be immediately going in for verification

So when they are being flagged for vpns it shouldn't be a complete dead cutoff but it should raise an alarm bell that someone should look closer

Yeah, there are people who get upsold VPNs by their antivirus suite and don’t even know what they are or how to turn them off.

I will say that this is a great thread for discussion and I hope a lot of people participate and share ideas. From my point of view, I’ve only been a mod/admin here for a minute, but I’m floored by the amount of work that goes on every day with preemptive bans and then lots of detective work and rooting out scammers. There are multiple people working 7 days a week on it. But it’s playing whack a mole, there are constant bad actors. There are some great suggestions here to improve security, I hope the discussion continues.

Using the web defensively has to be a part of the equation, too. Maybe as a community we can all learn to have a more common sense approach to interacting with strangers online. That’s not just this site, it’s everywhere you go online. Don’t give strangers money or PII. Reverse image search pictures. If something seems off or contradictory, trust your instinct.

It’s like spam, even with all the spam filters in the world some is going to get through, so you have to be able to recognize it and trash the harmful stuff.

Anyways, just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the thread and to recognize the admin team who does a lot more behind the scenes than you can see from the outside.
1 month

2seatsalways:
-snip-

mostly im look the way to make the right tools and system so humans dont have to do a lotta manual

IDK mod tool are but if mod feed it help i know sub reddit tools had mod log.

even if had a system of vetting every at first join in the mod log that just few defining things

also i do think we need in combo of mods a team of helpers just users with long term history who are able to put a word and call for mods in cases where they are need.

the mods and the admins

this would allow users with trust help clean up the site.

and as i said put things to rank up users to allow them get into parts deeper parts

i know I know gatekeeping is a hard to do but i dont new users should have full connection and control of the site

also i have ton UI/UX changes to aid in user flow so they get caught up scamers one way or anthor but this need some more long term talking.

srs any passerbys in this thread please reply to to show need deal with scam bots.

give how do and way could detect them
1 month

2seatsalways:
-snip-

LydiaFatPuppy:
mostly im look the way to make the right tools and system so humans dont have to do a lotta manual

IDK mod tool are but if mod feed it help i know sub reddit tools had mod log.

even if had a system of vetting every at first join in the mod log that just few defining things

also i do think we need in combo of mods a team of helpers just users with long term history who are able to put a word and call for mods in cases where they are need.

the mods and the admins

this would allow users with trust help clean up the site.

and as i said put things to rank up users to allow them get into parts deeper parts

i know I know gatekeeping is a hard to do but i dont new users should have full connection and control of the site

also i have ton UI/UX changes to aid in user flow so they get caught up scamers one way or anthor but this need some more long term talking.

srs any passerbys in this thread please reply to to show need deal with scam bots.

give how do and way could detect them

Everyone can report profiles and I know that reports are checked daily and taken seriously. Some people put a ton of detail into their reports and it makes it really simple to cross reference and find bad actors (but less detailed reports are helpful too). So that’s already something that the community does every day. If you see a suspicious account, please report them.
1 month

Compuserv:
Going to add to this. The same scammers keep creating profiles with the same socials. The IP address of these users all track back to Lagos, Nigeria. Even when they use a VPN, I am still able to figure this out.

They will use pictures that they sourced from the internet. If anyone sends you a photo, run it through a reverse image search or check the file name. These will give you hints of where the pictures come from.

The scammers will not attempt to get to know you at all. They will jump right into asking you for money. They are not your friend.

Here is a list of Discord names to avoid:

Discord:
-beloyaltome
-dominantprincess
-biggestbellyever_16697
-bellybbwfeedee_37663
-felicia1534
-biggerthebetter10
-lauren3495

Do not give money to strangers. It is really easy to become someone else on Internet with the right tools.

Do not become a victim.

You can add "FoodIsEssential"
4 days
12   loading