General

Taking a time out for my health

I am so thankful to each of you for your replies. People say the connections you make online aren't "real". I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm grateful for this community.

It's definitely been a challenging few days navigating a medical community as an Uber morbidly obese person. I am still in the hospital (and still a bit out of it). I've undergone angioplasty, atherectomy, and had a bowel obstruction cleared. No further procedures are scheduled, but I'm at high risk for complications because of my size. I'll spare the group all the details and tales of woe. I'll just say my bariatric scale at home was significantly off, and I was closer to 630 when I was brought in. I'll also say that nothing in the healthcare system is designed for a person my size, which has caused delays. I am too large for an enclosed MRI, the operating table in the room where they typically do cardiac surgery, and even for the design of one of the bariatric stretchers. The hospital has done a fantastic job accommodating, but it's been an ordeal.

That said, I'm doing well overall, and my fiance has been my rock. I'm also thankful for the positive energy I've gotten here. Appreciate each of you.
1 month

Thank you for keeping us updated. Wishing you only the very best and a speedy recovery.
1 month

BigBallBellyGirl:
Friends--

I hope no one takes this as me mistaking this forum for the airport, where departures are announced publicly. I also hope no one feels this is my attempt to chastise, dissuade, or judge anyone else. Couldn't be further from opposite.

I was taken to the hospital this morning with chest pain and inability to breathe. I'm having surgery at some point either tonight or in the morning to remove some blockages. I also have liver dysfunction. I'm not a drinker; in my case, it's related to excess fat consumption..

I have zero regrets about my gaining journey, and I'm actually very happy with my physical appearance. However, I'm not 30 yet, and I'm getting married this year. I'm going to have to reassess because I actually want to see my wedding and make it beyond that to see what the rest of my life holds. I really hope that includes a way to continue to indulge this fetish in a mindful manner. And likely, as I have been for well over a decade, I will still be lurking. 😊💜

I'm genuinely only posting because I've talked with so many people here, and I've enjoyed our exchanges and time together, but I don't even know your first names! I wanted you to know I think you all are beautiful people, and I wish you the most enjoyment life has to offer. I'm not closing my account, but I'll probably be semi-silent for a while.

Hugs, positive energy, and warm wishes to each and everyone of you!

Munchies:
Hey hun, feel better soon.

If you want to talk or just need some advise, you can hit me up. I'd like to think of myself as an expert on your specific situation. My DMs are always open.

I certainly will send you a DM. Thank you. I think the challenges are going to set in when I get to go home, because changes are a must.
1 month

Hope all goes well, and you feel yourself again really soon.
1 month

You just take care of your self. I never made it past 540. But The last time I was in the hospital. ya nothing is made for someone over 450. Now I was able to fit through an open MRI. for my back issues. But it was a tight fit. My sholders was too wide I had to have my arms streatched above my head. I hope you are on you way to a quick recovery.
1 month

I hope things are okay with you now.
3 weeks

Nofbar:
I hope things are okay with you now.

Thank you so much!! I'm feeling much better and working on healthier habits. I also have medication for blood pressure and diabetes, along with a C-Pap. I'm hoping, if it's possible, to keep most of my weight and stay above 525, while improving my health. I've only lost a few pounds (I'm around 585-590), and my cardiologist isn't thrilled. I was honest with him that I'm not strictly following the 1,200 calories a day diet the dietician prescribed. I'm closer to 3,000 calories a day, with lots of vegetables, lean protein, and near elimination of sugar and salt. He does acknowledge that as progress, and I think he realizes more dramatic restriction would lead to me stuffing 30,000 calories in my face.

On a humorous note, my dietician did ask what my personal body goals are. I transparently told her I want to improve my heart health, regain a little mobility, and bring my blood pressure down. Then I added, "I'm happy with my body and physical appearance; I just don't want another medical crisis." While she tried to mask it, she looked directly at my belly, and said, "Oh, oh, okay... So your concerns are more related to, ah, health. Okay, got it." And she typed furiously onto her laptop. I do wonder what she wrote ..
2 weeks
12   loading