General

Anyone there talk?

PhoenixChimera:
I have tried to connect many times with a great many and been bitten for my troubles.
I’ve been around here for more than a decade and seen things get worse.
Mirroring the general state I have seen far too close up IRL.
No offence, but I didn’t expect a response from anyone-going by experience.
Thanks to all of you who.

Yeah, there's a lot of shitty people on here. But it is possible to make friends. It's a game of quality over quantity.

That said, sometimes you have to be patient. I went through a period of life with no friends. Looking back, this was because of my environment and that I wasn't in a good headspace to be anyone's friend. Once I dealt with my headspace, I was able to find 1 person to befriend. This person later became my best friend. And once I got into a better environment, I found a lot more.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

I find the issue to be the same, regardless of who or where or how far. It is the same thing that gets me beaten in the streets and abused by NHS.
Some people are worthy of a life and others are judged to be not worthy.
The majority is law.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

PhoenixChimera:
I find the issue to be the same, regardless of who or where or how far. It is the same thing that gets me beaten in the streets and abused by NHS.
Some people are worthy of a life and others are judged to be not worthy.
The majority is law.

Not going to pretend I know what your exact situation is like since I'm cis. However, I am a dark-skinned black woman living in KKK country. I've been attacked and assaulted for both my race and my gender. At some point, you kinda get to a place where you have no more fucks to give and do what you want.

It's also really good to get your mind off of your own problems and focus outwards. Look into volunteering. Find some organizations geared towards LGBTQIA+ spaces. You can make some friends, mentor some people, and maybe event find some help with your current HRT situation. Couldn't hurt to try.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

I found in my life getting away from people that are negative based is key to being happy in who you are.
Like munchies alluded to change of environment is a good thing.
If I had stayed in the music business drugs would have killed me. Cocaine and heroin is not a good way to live.
I had to do a complete change of environment and rehab to get thru it.
Munchies post above make great sense to me and is solid advice.
Be proud of who you are and don't beat yourself up over your situation get out there and make it better for yourself.
I know a few trans ladies and some trans men and they are living a great life being themselves.
No reason you can't too.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

What I don’t get is why things are going backwards so fast.
I have never known anyone like myself, we didn’t even have gays where I came from.
Evidently, either I am wrong or all of society. The majority is law.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

Ok, I’m sure this isn’t going to be popular but it’s just my opinion since the door was opened …

I’m gay but I mention it only when it’s relevant to the conversation. I’m not a transphobe or any kind of ‘phobe, being a member of a group against which there is still a lot of prejudice and I dare say hatred.

However, though having said I’m gay it’s not my primary attribute. It doesn’t define me. If someone is gay or trans or asexual or whatever orientation or attributes it seems to me that they put that first and foremost.

To be blunt, it’s always an announcement and almost spoiling for an argument. If someone begins a conversation I’m interested in I respond. I really don’t care which letter of LGBTQAP+ they happen to be.

If people don’t respond it’s possibly and probably because they’re not interested in the subject. I think it’s a disservice and insult to people to assume they don’t engage because the original poster is LGBTQAP+ or whatever.

I’m sorry if that’s harsh it’s not my intent but too many people in the LGBTQAP+ group look fir ‘phobes under every rock.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

MarshmallowMinotaur:
Ok, I’m sure this isn’t going to be popular but it’s just my opinion since the door was opened …

I’m gay but I mention it only when it’s relevant to the conversation. I’m not a transphobe or any kind of ‘phobe, being a member of a group against which there is still a lot of prejudice and I dare say hatred.

However, though having said I’m gay it’s not my primary attribute. It doesn’t define me. If someone is gay or trans or asexual or whatever orientation or attributes it seems to me that they put that first and foremost.

To be blunt, it’s always an announcement and almost spoiling for an argument. If someone begins a conversation I’m interested in I respond. I really don’t care which letter of LGBTQAP+ they happen to be.

If people don’t respond it’s possibly and probably because they’re not interested in the subject. I think it’s a disservice and insult to people to assume they don’t engage because the original poster is LGBTQAP+ or whatever.

I’m sorry if that’s harsh it’s not my intent but too many people in the LGBTQAP+ group look fir ‘phobes under every rock.

It is the common factor of every piece of abuse I get-I almost wish they’d choose another attribute to take up arms against, for some variety.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

MarshmallowMinotaur:

PhoenixChimera:
It is the common factor of every piece of abuse I get-I almost wish they’d choose another attribute to take up arms against, for some variety.

My question is do you make being trans the first thing you mention whether it is pertinent to the subject? To be blunt, do you announce it, are you “in your face” about it? When I first came out gay I made sure to tell everyone. At one point my sister told me in a less-than-tactful way “tone it down, it’s like you’re looking for a fight, no one cares that you’re gay”.

I moderate at very large and active religion and politics forum. We have a number of trans people whom everyone interacts with like they do with anyone else. So my other question is, actually it’s a two part:

1. Do people target you because you’re trans and how do they know?
2. Do people simply not engage with you? Maybe it’s nothing more than people having nothing to say.

I’m not trying to argue or be a doosh, I’m just asking as an “outsider” and disinterested third party.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

Making I'm gay or trans the first thing said off puts a majority of people to be honest.
If you are either makes no difference just imagine if straight people started off with Hi I'm straight nice to meet you.
I will be be honest and say its the activist types that have made it harder for trans people that only want to fit in.
That statement came to me from a 79 year old trans woman I have known for over 20 years and she has been trans for over 50 years.
Girl there are plenty of people just like you so never feel you are all alone.
Find a trans group local to you and join.
Ask a local LGBT in your area and find out if they can direct you to a trans group close to you.
3 weeks

Anyone there talk?

PhoenixChimera:
What I don’t get is why things are going backwards so fast.
I have never known anyone like myself, we didn’t even have gays where I came from.
Evidently, either I am wrong or all of society. The majority is law.

Okay, so you have lost me, love.

Your profile says you are in Leeds, England. Idk if you are there or near there, but it seems that there is a thriving gay community:

visitleeds.co.uk/lgbtq/

Do you get out much? What are you doing to find and build a friend group?
3 weeks
123   loading