General

Pokemon! ^_^

Angelique wrote:
I am playing LeafGreen, how I wake up snorlax? You need the Pokeflute, right? I don't remember where I can find it. I want him! smiley

You have to defeat Team Rocket in their secret base in the Celadon City Game Corner to obtain the Silph Scope so you can see Ghost Pokemon. Then you can go to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town and rescue Mr Fuji from Team Rocket at the top of the tower - then he'll reward you with the Poke Flute. smiley And yup, this will allow you to wake up a Snorlax.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Angelique wrote:
Thank you so much for responding so quickly. You should see my clefairy doing ''mega punch'' smiley

Yay-yay-yay smiley
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

poor clefa
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Updated my most recent information post with the recently revealed English names.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Mattachu wrote:
Plus, I still maintain that Cofagrigus ought to have been a Steel/Ghost too, so at least we've finally got this interesting type combo ^^

Wow, I thought I was the only one, no one else seems to understand it...

Gold covered sarcophagus...

Gold is a metal...

Metal = Steel (at least in terms of Pokemon typing.)
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New info! The new Mewtwo has been revealed to be a 'Mega Evolution', and it's not the only Pokemon with one, though not all Pokemon will have one. It would appear they need to hold a Mega Stone to achieve the transformation, and the forms have different abilities and sometimes stat alterations, or different typings.

Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as Blazikenite or Lucarionite. It would seem that the Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.

New video here!:

Mega Blaziken (has Speed Boost), Mega Lucario (has Adaptability and increased attack), Mega Absol (has Magic Bounce and increased attack & speed).

Mega Mawile (has Huge Power and increased defense & special defense). It and normal Mawile are now Steel/Fairy type.

Mega Ampharos (has Mold Breaker) is shown here, and it is an Electric/Dragon type. Mega Mewtwo has the ability Insomnia.

Another new Gym Leader, Korrina. She apparently holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions. She is also the Gym Leader of Shalour City, where the Tower of Mastery is.

And some more completely new Pokemon.
- Gogoat's pre-evolution, Skiddo. It is a Grass type, and has the ability Sap Sipper.
- Bunnelby, a Normal type. Has the ability Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouch. If a Pokémon with this Ability eats a Berry during battle, it will not only reap the benefit from the Berry, but the Pokémon will also be able to regain HP.
- Dedenne, an Electric/Fairy type. Has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouch.

Also it seems they're finally acknowledging EVs/Effort Values openly now with Super Training: serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

A new Mega....... Mega Kangaskhan
It has the ability 'Parental Bond' that allows its attacks to hit twice in one turn
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Really not sure about these "Mega" Pokémon, so much more information needed before a real judgement can be made, it's got me cautious...
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New video showcasing the Mega Evolutions:

There'll be an event Torchic holding some Blazikenite around launch, something to remember. Also a bit more info on them from Serebii, it seems you can only have one Mega Evolution on your team at a time, maybe:

With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team. This is presumably to allow for a specific balance in the Pokémon. It also clarifies that the Pokémon will revert after the battle has ended, not within it itself when the battle finishes. We're still not 100% on the specifics of this new process, but we'll keep you updated as more information comes

Following their reveal over the last few days, The Pokémon Company has sent out a press release giving even more Mega Evolutions their details. This specifically focuses upon Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol &Mega Mawile. It also reveals that Mega Mawile's Defense and Special Defense stats are increase(d).
-
They have also revealed that the 2014 World Championships will be held in Washington D.C. Finally, it confirms that the Torchic distribution will run until the same day as in Japan, January 15th 2014
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Guess who's getting Mega Evolutions? The original starter trio.

Video here:

Following the information from the Pokémon Direct, the official release has provided new details on the Pokémon. Mega Venusaur has the ability Thick Fat, Mega Charizard has the ability Drought and Mega Blastoise has the ability Mega Launcher which boosts its moves. It also confirmed that you will need to obtain a bracelet called the Mega Ring that holds a mysterious stone called a Key Stone. The Trainer’s Key Stone resonates with the Mega Stone held by his or her Pokémon

Also, new X and Y 3DS-XL's will be released:
10 years