Fat experiences

Going swimming when you've gained weight!

July 6th will be the first time that I go swimming at my heaviest weight over 290 pounds. In front of my sister in laws, nephews, and other family members. I even had to get a new swimsuit since I outgrew my other two pairs. I can't wait to see their reaction to my big belly.
3 months

I'm about 170 and have no buoyancy whatsoever. My wife's about 300 and floats naturally. She'll put her legs under mine in our hot tub to anchor herself down, otherwise she tends to float.
3 months

Newenglander:
I'm about 170 and have no buoyancy whatsoever. My wife's about 300 and floats naturally. She'll put her legs under mine in our hot tub to anchor herself down, otherwise she tends to float.

We’re essentially the same person, then 😁 My wife is about 340 pounds and swims like a fish. I enjoy being in the water in the summer, but can’t swim worth anything. And can’t really float, either.
3 months

I'm looking forward to swimming this summer now that I have a little bit of body fat and hopefully some bouncy finally.

I used to swim often as a kid, but I've always been so skinny that I would spend most of my energy just keeping from sinking, never mind moving forward. I worked at a summer camp when I was 20 but I couldn't get the lifeguard certification because I just couldn't swim fast enough and pull someone out of the water while swimming.

Hopefully now I can finally float enough naturally to actually enjoy trying to swim, and the fat should keep me warmer as well, I always feel so cold going into the water. If not, I have a whole year to get some more fat and try again next summer, lol.
3 months

Newenglander:

Exactly the same. My wife has big legs, and they always start to float, so she puts them under mine.
1 month

Now that my custom-made bathing suits are here, I swam front of others for the first time this year and also for the first time at this weight. Yes, I'm late in the season, but I also had literally nothing to wear, and I can no longer order retail.

It felt nice to move freely and have a lot of mobility. I walked around and stretched in the water for hours at a time. Getting out of the pool was challenging though, because you feel like you suddenly have gravity pulling you down.

My brother in law, bless his heart, got behind me and said, "How can I help?" I laughed and warned him that being behind a 570 pound woman on steps may not be advisable for his personal welfare. 🤣
4 weeks

Alex7:
Oh funny I love it. Did the brothers-in-law survive lol

Yes! No injuries reported. Not really able to do many stairs at this size, so the pool steps were a challenge. I definitely wouldn't advise standing behind a 570 lb person though. After all, if we fall, we'll just knock you over like a bowling pin.
4 weeks

Alex7:

BigBallBellyGirl:
Yes! No injuries reported. Not really able to do many stairs at this size, so the pool steps were a challenge. I definitely wouldn't advise standing behind a 570 lb person though. After all, if we fall, we'll just knock you over like a bowling pin.

Were the pool steps the build in steps at the side of the pool with a handle used in recreational pools in hotels or the aluminium removable set of stairs used in swimming pools for competitions?
4 weeks

Alex7:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Op User:
Were the pool steps the build in steps at the side of the pool with a handle used in recreational pools in hotels or the aluminium removable set of stairs used in swimming pools for competitions?

Built in concrete steps. There was also an aluminum ladder, but those are way out of the question for me. If by some miracle, I did manage to get on it, I'd be too afraid of pulling the whole thing down.
3 weeks

Definitely a great experience. Swimming or standing & the feeling of your belly moving through the water. It's a great feeling.
1 week
2345   loading