General

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
Fair enough playing meta decks to figure out how to break them is fun as long as getting the pieces aren’t too expensive given the cost of some staples. I’ve never really played a physical card game casually or compet mainly collect for the card art and just collecting in general. It’s why I have a fair amount of yugioh and Pokémon cards, one of the coolest cards I got from a pack was call of the haunted as a child. Was pretty disappointed to learn it didn’t sup up zombie cards.

Haha, that's a riot. Yep I buy booster packs to collect too, currently trying to build Exosister and draw Ra from Rage of Ra or King's Court. Also, the new pack released recently that gives out the Advanced Crystal Beasts...they're not half bad. They require Advanced Dark on the field, but you are rewarded for getting them out, they have better effects than the original Crystal Beasts.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

If I were trying to collect cards at the moment I’d probably try and get either traptrix or ghost tricks failing that either mecha dogoran and the cumonga Kaiju stand in, I don’t remember but I might also by missing ghost ogre. Also and this is from my limited knowledge, weren’t the original crystal beasts kinda underwhelming barring their synchro which if I’m not mistaken was fairy dragon. I seem to recall them being on a legacy of the worthless episode.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
If I were trying to collect cards at the moment I’d probably try and get either traptrix or ghost tricks failing that either mecha dogoran and the cumonga Kaiju stand in, I don’t remember but I might also by missing ghost ogre. Also and this is from my limited knowledge, weren’t the original crystal beasts kinda underwhelming barring their synchro which if I’m not mistaken was fairy dragon. I seem to recall them being on a legacy of the worthless episode.

Yea most of the original Crystal Beasts were not great, with the exception of Saphire Pegasus and Ruby Carbuncle I think. But the Advanced Crystal Beasts, given the restriction of needing Advanced Dark on the field, I wasn't expecting too much. I was pleasantly suprised, they actually have good effects. Just look at Advanced Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth:

yugipedia.com/wiki/Advanced_Crystal_Beast_Amber_Mammoth

It's a far cry from the original Amber Mammoth.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Those negates and it’s ability to persist as backrow do seem pretty good. Not really similar but reminds me of the golden land trap card monsters.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
Those negates and it’s ability to persist as backrow do seem pretty good. Not really similar but reminds me of the golden land trap card monsters.

Right?? And to think the original Amber Mammoth was a simple 'change the attack target to itself'. It could also persist as backrow, but the negates from the Advanced version are a lot more potent.

And of course no one can forget Eldlich Control haha smiley
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Eldlitch control gives me flash backs. How does an archetype who generally have unaffected by traps get negated by a trap. It sends my mind into the same logical tumbler that hard math questions instill.

Something I despise more than eldlich though are they numeron gate decks, 2nd turn otk unless I somehow set something up to block it. It was funny though when the I think dd dynamite bot decks were rampant because they’d always surrender to the Egyptian god deck or traptrix since I did t have enough extra deck monsters to die to the combo.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fivv:
Eldlitch control gives me flash backs. How does an archetype who generally have unaffected by traps get negated by a trap. It sends my mind into the same logical tumbler that hard math questions instill.

Something I despise more than eldlich though are they numeron gate decks, 2nd turn otk unless I somehow set something up to block it. It was funny though when the I think dd dynamite bot decks were rampant because they’d always surrender to the Egyptian god deck or traptrix since I did t have enough extra deck monsters to die to the combo.

The Numeron OTKs are crazy. If I'm not mistaken I saw a duelist get one upto a 100,000 ATK points.

I should look up the D.D. Dynamite bot decks. Still new to a lot of yugioh's history, although I'm learning.
1 year

Recent return to yugioh

Fighting numerons gives me brain rot since it generally goes one of two ways, the ko you turn two with busted stack values or you hit them with something like bottomless trap hole and the lose. Sometimes they have a follow up but I just got stuck once with them all face down from one of the trap holes, completely unable to beat over them.

I don’t think dd dynamite is as prevalent anymore but it was a pretty large nuisance when I was playing.
1 year
345   loading