General

Pokemon! ^_^

Combination attacks are now featured:

Certain attacks, such as the Generation V starters' signature moves Oath of Grass, Oath of Fire, and Oath of Water, can be paired with another to create certain effects during double or triple battles, similar to how Pokémon Contests work in the anime.

If a Trainer combines Oath of Fire and Oath of Water, a rainbow will be made, boosting the chances of side effects from your teammate's attacks. Oath of Grass and Oath of Fire create a "sea of fire" that has a similar effect as Sandstorm or Hail. Oath of Grass and Oath of Water create a wetland, lowering the opponent's Speed.
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Seems very interesting, if there was one thing I always wanted to do like the show, it was to blast someone with a Hydro Pump/Thunder combo. smiley
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

It turns out Dento is also the first Gym Leader of the Isshu region that you will encounter(fitting that he replaces Brock then...). He's probably a Grass type user since he has a Yanappu, which is a pure Grass type. He is said to be a Pokémon 'Sommelier', who can see the compatibility between a Pokémon and its Trainer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sommelier

13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Team Rocket will be returning in the cartoon, no surprise there... but they and Giovanni have some new outfits.

13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Saphiel Sir wrote
Team Rocket will be returning in the cartoon, no surprise there... but they and Giovanni have some new outfits.

Hopefully Giovanni has an actual presence aside from Meowths screwed up fantasies >.<
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Edit:They're all real.

There have been some strong rumours about these released pictures of starter Pokemon evolutions. I know for certain that the second(middle stage) forms of the Grass and Water ones are real(though I can't verify their colours), as I've seen drawings of them before alongside other official new characters like Iris, all the others, nothing is confirmed yet:

Case in point, the bottom point on the tail of the middle Grass evo in the original sketch clearly points up, where this coloured version clearly points down, which shouldn't happen at all... making it look like someone traced the original(along with the middle Water evo) and faked the rest.

i333.photobucket.com/albums/m361/HeroicJay/Fakestarter.png

However, due to the strength of the rumours('verification' by multiple sources) that people here may have seen, I decided to post all up about it anyway, on the chance that they are real, somehow.
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Same as I tend to trust mmochampion with WoW stuff, I tend to trust Serebii with Pokemon stuff, both are extremely wary of fake material and won't post something unless they are 99% sure, so because of that I'm happy to accept them as real.

Only problem I do have is that the pig seems like it evolves into a mexican wrestler which would mean yet ANOTHER Fire and Fighting starter. >.<

Unless they make it Fire and Dark which could be cool... The Water one will be part Ice, and I have no idea about the Grass one, could be pure, or Electric?
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Yeah, I had the same issue about the Pig too, on the other hand, there's a lot of black on it, so we could have Ganon on our hands, hopefully. smiley

I do like the Grass one a lot, it fits the snake theme a bit more and is my favourite of the bunch. smiley

I only really have issues with the Water one, it just seems so... like a random odd Water-y Dialga + horn + mustache creation rather than an actual evolution of Mijumaru/DerpDerp. This also seems to be the one that most people have issues with, and is a stronger hint to me that these could be faked. But I could be wrong.

If they're real, Grass for me, because it looks pretty awesome as is. smiley

Edit: Also, this: img39.imageshack.us/img39/3883/fakepl.png

And this: i53.tinypic.com/2dt92bq.jpg

This too: i51.tinypic.com/e97wp0.jpg

Again, going to wait and see for total confirmation either way. Serebii specifically noted that there was a confirmation on the final Water evo, unfortunately- that's the most controversial one and the most disliked, from the looks of things.
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

More released pics! Looks like the mono elemental Gyms might be no more; Dento is one of three Gym Leaders in the first Gym, all with a different type of monkey. The Gym Leader you face seems to depend on your starter...

Getting pretty close to release in Japan now too!
13 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Saph, did you see they confirmed the evolutions of the starters? (at least the first evo's) Guess what? THE PIG IS ANOTHER FIRE AND FIGHTING STARTER!!!

I think I'm gonna see if I can get them legally banned from making any more fire and fighting pokemon >.<
13 years
45678   loading