Fat experiences

What is the sexiest outfit to outgrow?

BigBallBellyGirl:
I'm not sure if this is the sexiest, but I did outgrow the custom wedding dress I'm supposed to wear in a few months. I could barely squeeze my arms into it when I pulled it over my head, and it was slicing into my underarms, when I tried it on again 2 weeks ago. My friend and I didn't try too hard to pull it down, because it became quickly apparent it wasn't going to make it over my bust and belly. I finally had to admit to myself I needed to find an alternative before I'm in a real bind.

After exploring a few options that didn't pan out, I found someone (a seamstress/designer) about an hour from me who agreed to help out. I explained my situation and also was clear that I'm a very heavy woman. I also shared pictures of several styles I like. She was extremely courteous and didn't seem phased a bit, so we set an appointment for me to come to her home.

I'm not sure why I was surprised she is very young (early 20s) but she was courteous and kind. Her little studio was lovely too, and I got to see some of her model styles as well as some things she is working on. We looked through the styles I shared with her, she had fabric samples ready, and she took my measurements. I brought my own tape, because I had a feeling hers might not be large enough even if she is a professional, but she actually had one. With the weight I gained before I had to stop, my bust is 68.5", and the biggest part of my belly is 112" standing. As she measured my girth, she first asked me to hold the measuring tape in front of me while she walked around me, but she quickly realized I can't reach the front of my belly, so she adeptly moved the end around to my side. I appreciated how discreet she was, but obviously, I wonder what she was thinking! I did share with her a challenge I have Is that my sitting girth is much bigger than standing, depending on how my belly rests, so she took that measurement too.

I think she works pretty quickly, because she said she'd have a design for me in 2 weeks, and hopefully a first cut in 6 to 8 weeks. At that point, I'll come back for a fitting.

My Maid of Honor was with me, and we had an interesting discussion on the way home about how I seldom ever get a rude body comment from gen z. I'm a young millennial myself, and my parents are boomers. I think about how freely my mother, her friends and my aunts would comment on my big tummy even when I was a young child. I don't know if younger people are less fatphobic, but I do think we are moving away, in large part, from openly fat shaming. Just a side observation!

On a humorous note, the designer initially offered me a seat on a beautiful, ornate chaise lounge. It looked like an antique possibly, and I wasn't positive it could take my weight. I said, "That's a beautiful piece of furniture. At my size though, I'm careful where I sit." She offered me a very sturdy wooden chair instead. 🤣

Munchies:
I hope your wedding dress is everything you hoped for and more.

Thank you!! I'm very thankful to the dress designer for working with me on such short notice too. It was just not going to be possible to alter the original one!
1 month

What is the sexiest outfit to outgrow?

There was a timely that I popped a button in the restroom at work, and my first thought was "damn that's hot".

Of course, my second thought was "how do I hide this?" 😅. Luckily the uniform had an apron.
1 month
34567   loading