General

Pokemon! ^_^

Some early rough European and US release dates - they'll be set for Autumn 2012. smiley

serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 European Launch

Following from Saturday's reveal of the new games Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2, Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that these games, due for release in June 2012 in Japan, are due for European launch in Autumn 2012 giving the game a short localisation period. We'll provide information on American launch and exact European launch dates as they come in
Edit: Nintendo of America also confirms launch in Autumn 2012. More details likely to come closer to the release
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Heroin_Chic wrote:
Friends and I just found this, I argue it is the single greatest game ever!!!

Dude, that is awesome...

As for the new games? I'm kinda "meh", I mean I guess its different from just being the Grey Version with Kyurem that everyone was expecting, but I don't know, i think its too different for me lol.

I just want to get to the next generation already, 649 Pokemon, so close to 1000...
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

It's been confirmed, Black 2 and White 2 are a timeskip, still set in Unova, 2 years later, with some new towns/etc added and changed around (much of the north and east of the world is covered in ice...), with new Gym Leaders including a Poison and a Water one, and some older Pokemon like Psyduck, Eevee and Arcanine seem to be available in the story.

serebii.net/index2.shtml
The first images from CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase the first screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years later than in BW and features the map of the Unova region being partially frozen, while other areas have been updated, such as Route 4. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey.

There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika, who is also said to be in the anime this June and sits in her gym which is a music club, fitting her appearance with a guitar. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival and there is a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength

Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (Mantine flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues all around Unova.
That's all the information these scans provide.

It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new (Unova) Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254, with other Pokémon such as Tyranitar, Lapras & Arcanine being available.

12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

It's a lot faster and there's infinite TM use now, I'll add. smiley Plus Audino's (aka walking-sacks-of-EXP) and an adjustment to the experience system so there's generally less grinding overall, making experimenting easier and making things go at a smoother and quicker pace.
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Right, lots more news here. Many old characters will be returning... and not only from Unova. It seems like there'll be a Pokemon World Tournament ingame where all the old gym leaders and champions will show up:

bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_new_information_on_Black_2_and_White_2

As reported yesterday, the June 2012 CoroCoro was leaked, and today we received information inside the magazine regarding Black 2 and White 2.

The first page reveals that Alder, Bianca, N, and Cheren will be reappearing. Bianca features a new design, composed of longer hair, new attire, and glasses. She has officially become Professor Juniper's assistant, and gives the player their starter Pokémon. Cheren has also been given a new design and is now the regional Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora, but still giving away Basic Badges. The Basic Badge is shown on the sixth page to be the first one obtained by players. N is still reported as missing, as not even Team Plasma knows his whereabouts.

The second page features the Pokémon World Tournament with every Gym Leader and Champion from every region taking part in single battles, Double Battles, and many other types. Participants featured are: Cynthia, Blue, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance.

The third page focuses on a new feature, Pokéwood, which pays homage to Hollywood and is where the player may take part in filming Pokémon movies. The films feature a scenario chosen by the player, and a number of Pokémon battles. Homika's father is also revealed to have co-starred in films alongside Brycen. Pokéwood is also set to be featured in the Pokémon anime on June 7.

The fourth page goes into the Pokémon AR Searcher, which features the new Professor Burnet, and gives the Kami trio and their formes titles. Previous formes are now referred to as Keshin Forme, and the new formes are Reijuu Forme.

12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Well, Team Plasma got a makeover... no more knight getups. Gone from white clothing to black clothing, nice.

I wonder what Ghetsis looks like now without his sage clothing... since the rest of Team Plasma have changed theirs (undoubtedly due to the events of the last game), I can't see him still retaining his regal/wiseman outfit either.
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Mattachu wrote:
Yeah, I think that the less-showy costumes means these guys have gone underground now. Although, one of the Seven Sages, and a bunch of Plasma Grunts, are in one of the game screenshots in their original gear. Anthea and Concordia are also in the back of that screenshot, so I'm curious if they'll play any more of a role...

Hmm, perhaps Team Plasma have split apart in their ideals somewhat. I'd say more, but that would be too many spoilers for a game that's only been out around a year or so, haha. Talking to the Sages post-game last time would seem to confirm changes in thought. Along with talking to all the Grunts in the final confrontation with Team Plasma.
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Saphiel Sir wrote:
I wonder what Ghetsis looks like now without his sage clothing... since the rest of Team Plasma have changed theirs (undoubtedly due to the events of the last game), I can't see him still retaining his regal/wiseman outfit either.

An update on that, in one the latest vids he's spotted wearing what looks like a black variant of his original outfit. There you go, I guess.

Video 1:

Video 2:

And just because someone posted this up somewhere:
12 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Wow, this really needs a bump since Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 have been released, haha. I think Genesect might still be available for download too, so you better get it if you haven't.
11 years
attachment

Pokemon! ^_^

Also, Ghetsis's new outfit proper:
11 years
attachment