General

Pokemon! ^_^

Paperhero wrote:
We should friend code it up! Get those join avenues moving!

On that note, people might want to look up about the 'Magnemite Coil':

Magnemite coil is a way to increase your join avenue. What you do is catch two magnemite. Put on up for trade and ask for a magnemite of any level in return. Once that magnemite is up for trade, search for another magnemite any level that someone wants to trade. Trade your second magnemite to the person that wants a magnemite of any level in return. Rinse and repeat and your join avenue will increase pretty quickly.

^^ As someone put it elsewhere. Why Magnemite? 3 reasons.

1- Japanese players started it when they first got the game. May as well follow through with what they've already got established.
2- Magnemite's are found really early, in Virbank Complex. They're easy to find in the inner area, with a 25% chance of popping up. They're easy to catch too. Heck, you could use your own Magnemite's Sonicboom to chop off 20HP at a time and not worry about criticaling them to death.
3- Magnemite's are genderless so you don't need to worry about specific genders to trade for/with.

The Magnemite Coil is pretty big right now so it's worth looking into for an easy way to level up your Join Avenue. For those who don't know what Join Avenue is, look here:
serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

There's a lot of useful shops available for you to put in there! smiley These include a Raffle Shop, Beauty Salon, Dojo, Market, Flower Shop, Antique Shop, Cafe, and Nursery.
11 years
attachment

Pokemon! ^_^

bearded unholy goldfish wrote:
i just started playing white and i need a good water pokemon, any suggestions on ones i should look out for? i havent played sense silver/gold and wish i could just have a squirtle

The starter Oshawott is probably the best Water you can get to play through Black/White. With a Heart Scale it can relearn Megahorn as a Samurott, which works nicely along with moves like Aqua Jet and Blizzard.

However if you didn't start with him then I'd recommend going for Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad. Tympole is fairly terrible but when it evolves into Palpitoad it becomes a Water/Ground type and becomes much better, especially when it learns Muddy Water. It's got good coverage and it's fairly chunky defensive-wise - mine managed to tank the hits from the most dreaded of the 'final boss's' Pokemon since it didn't have any Grass moves - Seismitoad's only weakness, which really impressed me. It learns Drain Punch too. smiley If you got a Swift Swim one it's speed will double in the rain. These are first found outside of Pinwheel Forest. Palpitoads are around the Moor of Icirrus, but that's around the 7th gym.

Panpour/Simipour is fairly nice especially since it learns Scald early, though it can be tricky to find since it's only in the shaking grass in Pinwheel Forest, assuming you didn't start with Snivy and get a free one in the Dreamyard. You can evolve it with a Water Stone early after getting Scald, though you'll miss out on Crunch, though the Shadow Claw TM gives it pretty much the same coverage. Up to you. It's quite fast and hits with good power.

Lastly Ducklett/Swanna aren't too bad. It's fairly quick and it hits fairly well too, and it's got a lot of good moves it can learn, including some self-healing moves like Aqua Ring and Roost; plus Featherdance halves an opponent's attack when used. It can also serve as both a Surfer and a Flyer. These are randomly found in the shadows on Driftveil Drawbridge.
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_X_and_Y_announced

There will be two new main series Pokémon games, Pokémon X and Y Versions, it was announced today in a much-hyped worldwide stream from Satoru Iwata. The games will incorporate a completely overhauled graphics system, and a trailer revealed a number of new Pokémon.

The game, exclusive to the 3DS, will feature 3D, cel-shaded graphics very different to previous entries in the series, as well as much more dynamic battle scenes.

The three starter Pokémon from these new games were shown in the trailer: the Grass-type Chespin (Harimaron), the Fire-type Fennekin (Fokko) and the Water-type Froakie (Keromatsu). In addition, two unnamed Pokémon, likely Legendaries and quite possibly version mascots, appeared in the trailer.

Satoru Iwata's presentation also included a retrospective of the franchise's history, with an emphasis on trading and connectivity. He concluded the stream with a promise of near-simultaneous releases of the games across the world, due for October 2013.

Video here:

Above are Froakie(Water), Fennekin(Fire), and Chespin(Grass). They are a frog, Fennec fox, and hedgehog respectively.

And lastly the legendaries, based off a stag/elk and a bird/wyvern, it seems. Probably also related to actual legends as well.

Update: The legendaries are Xerneas(pronounced ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (pronounced ee-VELL-tall).
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Chubs UK wrote:
What is that grass type really?

Hedgehog. It's various names have references to chestnuts, hedgehogs, pins and needles mainly.

My fave starter trio is probably Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip, I've got quite a soft spot for them. They were the first trio to all be pretty effective in battle too. smiley
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Proper artwork of Xerneas and Yveltal has been released.
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New Eeveelution:

Update: It's English name is Sylveon. It's not known what it's typing is though.

YouTube vid here:
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Saphiel Sir wrote:
New Eeveelution:

Update: It's English name is Sylveon. It's not known what it's typing is though.

YouTube vid here:

I've heard that it's going to be a new light type, but it's all just speculation so who knows.
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Mattachu wrote:
Its Japanese name - Ninfia - sounds like it comes from the word nymph, plus its English name is Sylveon, like sylph - a wind spirit - so my guess is flying. Also, the diagram of all the current Eeveelutions on the website shows each of them opposite one with a type advantage, and Sylveon is opposite Jolteon (thanks to Pokémemes for that little hint)

Interesting point. smiley Yes, some have said Sylveon reminds them of a kite, and looking at it it's got some things that resemble streamers on it. Also seemed to have a breeze blowing around it in that video, though it could have just been in set in a windy area. Unless that was a subtle clue in itself. It doesn't seem to be able to fly, but Flying does double as the 'Wind' type in the game. Rotom-F and Gyarados both lack proper flight, for example. Although Doduo and Dodrio are forever baffling, haha.

Technicolour wrote:
i know i'm way late to the party but i recently acquired seven B&W themed decks...wtf happened to the actual pokemon? All this EX stuff is unnecessary...and Yamask/Confagrius? Worst pokemon ever. but there are some cool things...i just miss Basic, Fossil and Jungle.

Time marched on I guess. =x Collectable card games always have lots and lots of cards come out regularly, so they need to invent a load of new ones. There's been 56 sets of Pokemon cards so far (54 in Japan).
11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

New Mewtwo form! Or possibly Mewthree or something, it's currently stated as having a connection with Mewtwo.

Video here:

As though Mewtwo didn't seem enough like Frieza already, haha.

11 years

Pokemon! ^_^

www.serebii.net has everything you'd want to know about Pokemon. I frequent that site whenever I play my games. My friend and I were wondering if the new Eevee type may be a Dragon since they already did Psychic with Espeon. True, it doesn't look like a Dragon type and Psychics are usually pink somewhere, so it could be Dragon/Psychic like Latios and Latias.
11 years