Gaining

Thinking of gaining

attempting to gain or lose weight in specific areas is a myth. when you gain you won't be able to tell your fat where to go. more than likely it will go to your problem areas first. but as a suggestion, i would go with big, high calorie meals, stuff the belly to stretch it out and hope for the best.
14 years

Thinking of gaining

I think a lot of people don't intend to gain much weight. But once they start, they love it and keep going, and gain faster
14 years

Thinking of gaining

Dashuri, as others have said, I don't think that there is any way to make sure you get the type of fat you want. Here is a bit of background from what I've picked up over the years.

Fat comes in essentially two types: in the abdominal cavity (vascular) and just under the skin (subcutaneous, if I remember the names right). The former (vascular if I recall the name correctly) results in the hard round belly (typical guy 'beer belly'smiley, and is also--by far--the more unhealthy of the two. There _may_ be some things you can do to lead to more vascular fat, but its not healthy and it won't give you a soft belly, so I wouldn't suggest them (and none of those are surefure anyway).

To have a soft belly you want subcutaneous fat, but want it to mostly end up in your belly. Unfortunately subcutaneous fat seems to go where it wants to go....on the plus side, there are some indications that fat on your hips may actually be a plus for health, so if it doesn't all go where you want (you continue to be hour glass shaped) it is not all bad.

The one thing that I can mention is that after you gain some weight, if you lose a little bit you skin doesn't tighten up like it was before, leaving your fat to look looser, and it will tend to make subcutaneous belly fat sit lower down. Like if you gained to 160 then dropped to 150, just under your bust might be thinner than when you were first at 150, but your belly between your hips might be a bit bigger and softer, but that may be more of a 'roll' look than the roundness you want.

I hope this was of some help. Whatever you do, be careful and have fun!

-Ed
14 years