Gaining

Is it healthy to gain 5 lbs. within a week?

It's something I wondered since I noticed that I did indeed gain 5 lbs. within a week. I gained 5 lbs. within the first week of being a member on here. Because I thought that it's usually difficult to even gain at least 2 lbs within a week. Am I gaining weight at a unhealthy rate? I mean i'm not complaining that i gained, because I do want to get fat, i'm just wondering...
14 years

Well i've been eating a lot of fattening foods, especially chips.
14 years

oh I don't know if it's too fast. I had a feedee girlfriend who once gained 10 lbs during a very very fattening feeding weekend....and most of it stayed a few days later. And hello fellow St. Louisan.
14 years

I've been known to gain five pounds in a weekend. Healthy? Probably not. Fun? You bet!!
14 years

As was already said by someone else in this thread, given that you said you eat a lot of potatoe chips, the weight you put on is probably mostly water. And to avoid this sort of thing in the future you should cut your salt/sodium intake and increase the amount of water you drink *sounds counter-productive but it will help to flush out the salt that is causing your water retention*

Doing this will help you be more sure that what you gained is fat and not water.
14 years