General

The fa and the shrink: did you ever tell?

Nah, i never did, i just figured it would become another part of my life which i "have to change or you'll remain miserable"

yeah, shrink didn't work...

She was a lovely person though. smiley
14 years

I discussed it with the most recent shrink that I had, because I felt that not only was it an important factor for my social anxieties through high school (and beyond), but that its relevance to the events (bashes) I was attending was worthy of mention, again because of the social anxiety that I felt while at them.

He was cool with it... but he was an awesome guy in general, so it's no surprise. He just said, "Are you getting hurt by it? Are you hurting anyone else? Well then, it's fine."
14 years

Dude, that was bad...
14 years

I have discussed it with him. It wasn't really a problem. I wasn't seeking his approval in the conversation, so it really just came up in passing.
14 years

My shrink thought feeding sounded quite tender and lovely. I haven't talked about it much, but I've said in passing that I prefer myself fat, and I like it on others, and (obviously) that I have feeding fantasies. I may yet talk more about it, but the first forays were surprisingly positive.
14 years

anFAinPA wrote
How did my therapist react?
Well, he thinks that I've "settled" and that my attraction to fat women is a manifestation of my own low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, etc.
I argued this with him off an on for several sessions, and now I think he "gets it." It was when I used the gay/straight analogy, and asked him point blank that -A- have you ever had a gay patient? and -B- have you ever told him or her that their sexual preference is a manifestation of their own insecurity, etc?
His opinion of the subject is squashed, and now he's actually helping me figure out what to do, where to go...it's certainly a crossroads if my wife is repulsed by my preference after 10+ years of being enthralled with it. Luckily, we have no kids so if worse comes to worse, it's just us that have to manage.

That is exactly what i would be afraid of and part of me would probably belive what he said.

Congratulations on the way you handled it, very well done. smiley
14 years

I had a therapist for a year that I told almost everything, but I never told her about the fetish. Partly because I didn't think it mattered very much compared to the stuff that brought me there, and partly because I didn't want to have to spend a whole session explaining/defending it. She would always talk for half the session about herself anyway, so I had to pick my priorities...
8 years

I have never been to a therapist, mostly because I have had no reason to. And also can't afford it either. Although thinking about it I probably should, since I have many issues that are most likely keeping me from having the guts to move on and start my own life. But unless OHIP deems it medically necessary they won't pay for it and neither will my parents.
8 years