Gaining

Accidental weight gain

I was always relatively slim, but not particularly active. I first accidentally gained in my freshman college year. Yes, the infamous freshman 15. I left for college at 150 lbs....my sister joked with me saying to watch out for the freshman 15...and just ignored her, thinking I would never be fat. Well, being away from home for the first time with beer and pizza galore, I had put on my freshman 15 by Thanksgiving. My sister commented on my slight belly when I came home. I was annoyed, but actually really liked the feel of my soft beer gut. By Christmas I was about 175, and I decided I would not worry about my weight gain, and in the spring I returned home with an impressive beer gut and weight close to 200. Instead of trying to deny my weight gain, I walked around the house shirtless from day one...by sister (and the rest of the family) were shocked): I laughed and told my sister that I forgot to heed here warning about the freshman 15. Well that was many years ago, and I weigh some 240 lbs and have pretty large size gut. Now people can't remember me as slim. Last year for the first time I played Santa Claus for my sister's kids....it is a role that I am certain I will continue to "grow" into. smiley
13 years