Food and recipes

The krispy creme cheeseburger..........

I read this this evening at myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/krispy-creme-cheeseburger-is-a-summer-hit

Krispy Creme Cheeseburger A Summer Hit

Updated: Thursday, 05 Aug 2010, 10:56 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 05 Aug 2010, 10:40 AM EDT

(CANVAS STAFF REPORTS) - As junk food goes, this could be the ultimate, over-the-top, have-to-try-once, sweet-and-savory treat.

It's a burger with cheese and bacon sandwiched between a Krispy Kreme doughnut – the "Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger."

Some consider this the world's unhealthiest snack, but it is making the rounds and showing up at state fairs and ball paks across the country.

Despite its 10 grams of sugar, diabetic diner Floyd Schuetz couldn't pass one up at a recent minor league baseball game near St. Louis.

"Oh, I'll have another one of these," he said to CBS News .

Another three fans at the Gateway Grizzlies game – two in their 80s – chose the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger over traditional baseball fare of peanuts and crackerjacks.

You have the sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner for $4.50 at a Grizzlies game.

The Grizzlies aren't the only business selling the sweet-tooth burger. You can also get one at the Wisconsin State Fair. The Machine Shed will sell the burger for a limited time during the state fair, reports KCCI-TV .

The New York Daily News reported that the donut burger was pioneered in the South and popularized by Food Network host Paula Deen and it was a big hit at last year's Big E fair in Massachusetts.

The burger concept has even been pegged to singer Luther Vandross.

The urban legend-tracking website Snopes.com can't confirm this story, but some believe Vandross created a sandwich consisting of an all-beef patty between two glazed doughnuts when he ran out of hamburger buns. The sandwich is sometimes called a "Luther Burger."
13 years

The krispy creme cheeseburger..........

did i see this on the boondocks
13 years