Gaining

Grocery shopping to gain on college student budget

peanut butter is amazing for gaining
13 years

Yea, thats what I do

oh I emailed u earlier. Wanna talk there?
13 years

There is some great advice in this thread already--trust the people here to know!

In general, the easiest way to consume a lot of cheap calories is with 'starches' (i.e. grain products, potatoes, rice...). They may not be very exciting on their own, but with a bit of something else to give more flavor can be a lot more interesting. So in a peanut butter sandwich, the peanut butter may provide some fat and most of the flavor, but the bread provides a lot of the calories. Baked potatoes with butter (or margerine if butter is too expensive) and a bit of some extra flavor (I like a chile-garlic sauce), work....and so on.
13 years

You might want to try to buy nuts in bulk. They pack a lot of calories. Most of them ate about 40-50% healthy fat in content. You can easily sneak them with you at school. Divide up those big 1-2 lbs bags into smaller bags. Eating half a cup of them a day would add like 400-500 calories in your diet. Enough for an extra pound a week.

And if you really want to kick start the gain, drink those half and half pints. For 3 $ you get about 1200 calories. Or a mcflurry would do similar dammage smiley
13 years

As people have already said here carbs carbs carbs. Carbohydrates are the bodies main fuel source and of the three; carbs, fats, and protiens. The body can break down carbs the easiest.

That being said though don't count out fat, it has just over twice as many calories associated with it than the other two. To gain weight cheaply and quickly I'd suggest a diet that's high and carbs AND fats.
13 years