General

Any 'coming out of the fridge' success stories?

I am in the fridge but would love to come out....I have always had this strong desire to grow fat, all my life. I have never expressed my disire to anyone other than online anonymously. I have searched for years for anyone who has had positive acceptance by others of their desire. I sometimes think the best way to do it, is to do it! I dream of just letting go and packing on 50 lbs and just acknowledge to friends and family that'Yeah, i've gotten fat." Another side of me says go slow, gain 5 lbs per year and over time your girth will develop. \I Also don't want to pretend thatI am embarrassed by the weight gain...I'd like to be confident enough to pat my gut with pride. This may be disjointed but I would like to hear of any success stories...
13 years

Not sure to be honest, there seems to be alot of people talking about coming out to there partner about wanting to feed them and fatten them up, but none about coming out to others that you are fattening yourself up.

I suppose on one hand it would stop the questions, but on the other hand it would probably create even more worry and stress.

Hmm, interesting, i'd love to hear from someone who has done this. smiley
13 years

I have, actually. Slowly, only to close friends and my partner and my daughter. And no one has reacted badly.

They've been confused, and asked questions, and they've told me they don't understand. Only one has expressed some health concerns, but she didn't push it.

Of course, I had done a lot of preparation with people, so they knew I was active in fat liberation, and that I had read a lot, and written a bit. So they already knew I am fat-positive, if you will.

So yeah, my feeling is that it takes a lot of courage, and it takes a lot of thought about how you want to phrase things, but it's *totally* worth doing. I can't tell you how liberated I feel by it.
13 years

I think that it would be very scary, like doing anything new, but I sense that a great burden would be lifted....instead of diets and watching what \i ate, \i could literally let it all hang out and enjoy my body.
13 years

Adipose wrote
I'm torn between a desire to gain and a desire to remain attractive to society in general.

This sums it up perfectly for me and i'm sure alot of other people too.
13 years

Maximum wrote
Adipose wrote
I'm torn between a desire to gain and a desire to remain attractive to society in general.

This sums it up perfectly for me and i'm sure alot of other people too.
Couldn't agree more...still in the fridge myself..the stigma is SO great that its just easier that way..wish that it wasn't!!!
13 years

Well, let me ask an apparently stupid question to all of you who are afraid (which includes me, since many people *don't* know, even though many do). When you imagine telling a particular person, what do you imagine they will say in response? And how do you imagine that would make you feel? And can you imagine a way for you to respond that would feel positive?
13 years

I think the reaction would be one of "ZOMG ARE YOU F#@*^& CRAZY?!" lol I really don't need that kinda thing on top of the natural doubt I have over my desire, I think my response would be to go find a corner and cry lol.
13 years

Maximum wrote
I think the reaction would be one of "ZOMG ARE YOU F#@*^& CRAZY?!" lol I really don't need that kinda thing on top of the natural doubt I have over my desire, I think my response would be to go find a corner and cry lol.

Have you told anyone you're an FA? That is definitely loads easier, and you'll be surprised how well most people will take it. If someone hassles you about *that*, you shouldn't be friends anyway.

I think Debz is right--most people are surprisingly cool about what their friends do.
13 years

juicy wrote
Maximum wrote

Have you told anyone you're an FA? That is definitely loads easier, and you'll be surprised how well most people will take it. If someone hassles you about *that*, you shouldn't be friends anyway.

I think Debz is right--most people are surprisingly cool about what their friends do.

Eh, having always been single my preference's aren't really a subject of convo much lol, i'm sure some people think i'm gay...

As for what Debz said, I kinda disagree, the problem isn't with being a fat person, I have nothing against that, people get fat all the time and no one cares lol. I think the problem is the idea of telling someone you want to get fat and you enjoy it, the world tends to cling to the view that "no one wants to be fat", to buck that trend I really think people would jump to conclusions like "mental illness" and the like. Just my view anyway. smiley
13 years
12   loading