General

Ignoring ims

beastmode wrote:
I'll say this: if you can't take 5 seconds to respond with a "can't talk/don't want to talk/ *** off", you're part of the problem.

hahahahaha yeah because men always leave you alone when you request it RIGHT
LOL
10 years

Ignoring ims

To sum it up nicely:

If I respond to someone I'd rather not talk to, no matter how much people say "Oh I just want to be told that you're not interested," I'm opening up myself to a nasty, snide, or condescending counterattack. And said counterattack almost always comes.

Also. Men who complain of women who never respond to messages must not realize that many, many men do the same. People I've just met have done it, and people I've spoken to for quite some time have done it too. And I often wonder why they up and left, but I realized that it's just easier not to deal with someone you don't want to talk to.
Everyone else should realize this may be so for many people.
10 years

Ignoring ims

Amen, sister!

Just because you are nice and you think you deserve to be answered, that is no reason for you to actually get answered.

Besides, we all have varying technology, computer power and skills. Not everyone can reply quickly -- or, at times, at all. It's a big world, and not everyone can afford (or has access to) the bandwidth you have.

So just chill, and enjoy what you can do, rather than ripping on those who, for whatever reason, don't reply to your messages.

Pyre wrote:
To sum it up nicely:

If I respond to someone I'd rather not talk to, no matter how much people say "Oh I just want to be told that you're not interested," I'm opening up myself to a nasty, snide, or condescending counterattack. And said counterattack almost always comes.

Also. Men who complain of women who never respond to messages must not realize that many, many men do the same. People I've just met have done it, and people I've spoken to for quite some time have done it too. And I often wonder why they up and left, but I realized that it's just easier not to deal with someone you don't want to talk to.
Everyone else should realize this may be so for many people.
9 years

Ignoring ims

LyteWing wrote:
Do any of you find it annoying when someone ignores you on an IM system?

I used to but after a few hundred rejections I got used to it.

And since the original post is 5 years old, I'm guessing you're used to it yourself unless you fled years ago, never to return.
9 years

Ignoring ims

little belly wrote:
hahahahhaha oh dear.

Men: "women are so needy and emotional."

Men, thirty seconds later: "WHYYY won't you reply to my boring instant message i am so hurt and offendeddddddd WHIIIIIIIIIIIINE"

( also, to avoid more whining: yesyesyes, i know, "not all men" )

Reminds me of something I came across earlier today:
9 years
123   loading