Gaining

Gaining weight/getting fat

When trying to gain weight/get fat what am I looking for within weight gain foods, is it the number of calories or the fat content? A combination of the two? Or something completely different?

Thank you smiley
Feedee101
13 years

What you want is carbs. When you first start out just think "Carbs, carbs, carbs." But be careful not to eat too many simple sugars. Eat more breads and the like. Also another thing you can do is start drinking more whole-fat milk, and fruit juices. Both are very calorically dense.

And if you have a problem with metabolism thwarting you one thing that you can do, over the short-term only mind you, is for a month or so alternate by weeks between a crash diet and all-out binging. This will confuse your metabolism and ultimately lower it. But it can have a negative effect on your health so you should only do it as a last resort and then only for a very short time.
13 years

Thank you both!
13 years

Ziouptpouf wrote
What you want is carbs. When you first start out just think "Carbs, carbs, carbs."

I've heard that a few times, but never the reason. So why carbs ? It's probably healthier than simple sugar and fat, but besides this ?

excess carbs not used by the body are converted into fat and stored for later use.

i.e. eating tons of carbs and doing little physical activity = tons of fat getting converted and stored all over your growing body. smiley
13 years

Ziouptpouf wrote
What you want is carbs. When you first start out just think "Carbs, carbs, carbs."

I've heard that a few times, but never the reason. So why carbs ? It's probably healthier than simple sugar and fat, but besides this ?

The explaination is biological. Your body runs of carbs almost solely, it can use fat and protien only after it has converted them into a carb. So naturally, it's easier to gain weight from eating a carb than fat or protien because your body doesn't have to waste energy breaking it down and building a carb that it's just going to break down again.
13 years