General

The fa/ffa/confident bbw bracelet.

Oh, for pete's sake. This conversation is silly.

Let's put aside the gay analogy, and take up the Irish speakers one.

For many years--and perhaps still, I don't know--speakers of Irish wore a circle pin to signal to each other that if they were addressed in Irish, they would answer in Irish and be happy to carry on a conversation in that language.

No one thought the pin said 'Do me here and now because we both speak Irish.' It wasn't confusing. Similarly, I wouldn't mind knowing when I meet a fellow fat friendly person, *regardless of their size*. That's because I would use language differently, be more relaxed about certain things, make jokes that I make here but not in the rest of my life, and so on.

I would *proudly* wear such an item.
13 years

@Weesha, LOL my opinion exactly!!
@Juicy, I agree 100% with you. It doesn't have to mean ANYTHING sexual at all.

I personally see nothing wrong with this idea. And I don't understand why some of you do, it's just a bracelette. And as for it being "easier" to be confident in your size by your actions rather than wearing an accessory that declares it, that's BS.

I've been big all my life, from the age of 4, and the stigma attached to being overweight has nearly crippled my self-esteem. I can be confident with people whom I know, or at least can be sure won't berate me for merely being who and what I am. Without knowing for sure I tend to not want to engage with anyone. So in essence I guess you can say I choose to be alone rather than to be hurt, and I know that's a cowardly way to be but I can't help it...
13 years

canadianenglish wrote
OniGumo wrote
I personally see nothing wrong with this idea. And I don't understand why some of you do, it's just a bracelette. And as for it being "easier" to be confident in your size by your actions rather than wearing an accessory that declares it, that's BS.

That's your personal opinion, the thing with personal opinions are they are personal... I think this would only strengthen the image that bigger people need a visual aid to demonstrate their "confidence" and how artificial is that! Why is it neccesary to make a distinction...

I'm just saying that it's easier to put on a bracelette than to force yourself to be outgoing, especially if that's not your nature.
13 years

I'm down. Let's get this started. :]
13 years