palo alto by james franco
get in the van by henry rollins
american gods by neil gaiman
13 years

What book(s) are you reading right now?

Great Apes by Will Self
13 years

Last Book: Out of Mao's Shadow: the struggle for the soul of a New China by Philip P. Pan
Current Book: The Official Underground 2012 DoomsDay Survival HandBook by W.H.Mumfrey
Next Book: The Starfish and the Spider: the unstoppable power of leaderless organizations by Ori Brafman and Rod A. Beckstrom

And with that over 3 weeks I go from history/ current events to humor-yes, a doomsday guide classified as "humor, to buisiness strategy; that's just how my bell curve rolls.
13 years

'Blood's A Rover' by James Ellroy, as beautiful and as brutal as you want it to be.
13 years

dethyl3 wrote:
Maximum wrote:
dethyl3 wrote:
Ornithology (Third Edition) by: Frank B. Gill

So you've heard?

Heard? Heard what? Flying dinosaurs?

smiley
13 years

Silver Fox wrote:
Someone I know posted this video on Facebook a while back:

In it, Will Smith mentions a book called "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho as being his favorite book so I got it and am currently reading it. Very interesting.

Will have to check it out! Thanks
13 years

I'm currently rereading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier, and reading for the first time The Emperor's Knife by Mazarkis Williams.

I'm planning on doing a reread of The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien after I've finished those.
12 years

Not reading per se, but I've gotten into audio books lately since I spend 3 hours a day driving a car.

My first audio book is Iliad and Odyssey lol. I decided I'll try to civilize myself while driving.

I'm 10 hours into "The bronze spear hit him near the nipple and went through. His oxhide armor clattered and he fell heavily to the ground".

15 hours to go.
12 years

I'm not very much a reader of books, but now I have, to me a large one...
Autobiografy, by Eric Clapton.
It gives quite a good vieuw on the pop and drugs culture of the 60's and 70's...
12 years

Finishing up "Out of Sheer Rage: Wrestling with D.H. Lawrence" by Geoff Dyer (the funniest book I've read in a long time.)
Next up is "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins.
I'm also on a short story kick so have been reading a lot of Alice Munro and Lydia Davis.
And the New Yorker mags still pile up.
12 years
12345   loading