Extreme obesity

Stairs

hehe definitely elevator if it's available
13 years

Stairs

Elevator/lift only for me.
13 years

Stairs

Stairs are the devil. I haven't had to go up more than three flights in a long while. And I would usually opt for an elevator but at my University that's often easier said than done as everyone else is also using them so it's actually a lot faster to just run up the stairs.
13 years

Stairs

ya so much easier going down than up these days, but im still pretty good i can do aleast 4 flights but its getting harder. i do get winded
13 years

Stairs

Wannabe Princess wrote
I guess it depends. I have 5 flights of stairs in my house and can go from bottom to top without too much problem. I do slow down when I get over half way, but apart from that its no problem usually. Depends on the person I guess. Debz

You live in a 6 story house? Sounds pretty cool.
13 years

Stairs

Magebear wrote
We own a one level house specifically to avoid stairs.

Wow dude, lucky you lol. The house I'm staying in now has only one floor but it's so small it isn't funny.

Though that being said I still can't avoid stairs here, as I have classes at a nearby University...and for a few of them I have to dash up two or three flights of stairs.
13 years

Stairs

Magebear wrote
We own a one level house specifically to avoid stairs.

that's exactly why I made sure I got a ground floor unit in my building smiley
13 years

Stairs

I'm not that heavy (only 240) but my knees are utterly ruined from my days in the military so stairs are not exactly my favorite thing
13 years

Stairs

Strange as it may seem, walking upstairs is very beneficial for the larger folks. And walking downstairs is actually fairly damaging.

Going upstairs builds muscle around the knees and lower back, where walking downstairs causes damage because of the stress it puts on your knees.

So because of this I no longer take the elevator up...unless it means taking more than three flights of stairs.
12 years

Stairs

BRING THEM ON! IM NOT AFRAIDZ
12 years
12   loading