General

Dating slim girls - advice

chubbyhoney wrote
This sort of thing pops up all the time on the forums. In a nutshell: stop dating her.

This. She's highly unlikely to stop losing, and if you find it a 'huge turn-off' and it really bothers you, you may as well let it go now, really. smiley The feelings will just get worse as time goes on, otherwise.
13 years

intrepidFA wrote
started dating a cute, funny, generally awesome awesome girl. she's not huge, just a little pudgy but I think she looks great.

So you meet a girl who has all these great quality's, but that still inst enough for you? I suggest you might want to evaluate the relationship as a whole, are these quality's you would put below physical attraction?

Also did you consider that she might really like you, and by losing weight she could actually be trying to seem more attractive to you? If I could offer one piece of advice beyond personal reflection it would be, tell her you find a bit of chub attractive and she shouldn't worry about her weight with you.

I am sorry if I seem harsh, but your "dilemma" does come across as a bit shallow.
13 years

skinnybrit84 wrote
Also did you consider that she might really like you, and by losing weight she could actually be trying to seem more attractive to you? If I could offer one piece of advice beyond personal reflection it would be, tell her you find a bit of chub attractive and she shouldn't worry about her weight with you.

Try this before you get down over all the doom and gloom being said lol.

There is a chance that this is the case and she would be happier not losing and you'd be happier with her staying as she is. Or of course, she does want to be thinner and you're both better off finding someone else.

I know how you feel about the dieting stuff though, its a total turn off. Sure, if a girl wants to eat right and be fit, thats fine by me, but if they are going to purposely starve and run themselves into the ground with exercise then i'm not interested.
13 years

I think I have a reasonable idea of how much you like the curvier girl smiley. So you have to start from there and assess how important that is to you, whether it's a deal breaker or whether it's just the "icing on the cake" if a girl who fits with you in other ways is also a bit of a stunner in the curves department.

I don't think it's shallow. You are attracted to what you're attracted to. We can't help that. But only you know whether your preference for fatter girls means you're never going to be attracted (or sufficiently attracted) to this girl if she keeps losing weight, or even if she stops right now and stays as she is.

But I would second what other members said above about telling her how you feel. Not necessarily come out of the FA closet or anything dramatic. Just that you liked her figure as it was when you met her and that if she's losing weight because she feels you might like her more that way, then she should rest assured she doesn't need to do that.

Because if I remember rightly, you're quite a fitness fan and she might well think that you admire the same qualities in a girl as you prefer to maintain in yourself. It would after all be the obvious conclusion for her to reach.

Don't get annoyed by her weight loss though - she's not to know that you would rather she didn't until you tell her. But avoid, if you can, telling her in a way which means she starts altering what she wants for herself in order to please you, as that wouldn't be fair - or at least, not this early on in the relationship.

Good luck!

F
13 years

I think most people are missing the point here. There are two points here. 1) dating a woman who is thin, and 2) dating a woman who hates being fat, and will probably hate fat people in general, and probably will not understand a man who likes large women. In addition, dieters and workout people are incredibly boring. All they talk about is losing weight, what they ate, what they didn't eat, etc. All of the work they put into workouts is just wasted motion. They could use the same motions to do volunteer work, work around the house, etc.

So, I could date a thin woman, but I could NEVER date a woman is into working out.
13 years

If she were to quip the point that fat people were unhealthy or the general pravda bull-as it seems no one has made a point of how she could argue back yet, then you can actually reverse the principle of weight loss apply with weight gain-whether intentional or not. Slow, steady, or if you like her as was or is sustained regimes-so long as the additional lbs don't come on to quickly for the musculature underlying to adjust, as outlined by this site likely in one forum or another could be of use to you.
Best wishes in your endeavor; may the wager that she was doing it for you and not for society bring properly enjoyable closure to this matter.
13 years