General

How does a fat fetish develop?

I've been attracted to big girls my whole life and I've had fantasies about being bigger myself long before I even knew what sex was. So if something 'caused it', it was a subconsious thing in my early childhood. I'm not a fan of those psycho-theories though, what's wrong with just being born with a preference for the curvy side of life?
12 years

Like all fetishes, feederism is triggered by early life experience. Being overweight as a child, or having a role model/close friend who was overweight would therefore logically reinforce the developement of feederism. Going by this logic almost everyone in the Western world should have a fat fetish, however you have to realize that early life experiences can be viewed as a series of checks and balances. If you are frequently being shown that fat is a negative you're more likely to believe it. If you're more often shown that it's a neutral topic or slightly beneficial then I suppose your chances for developing a fat fetish go up.

As to women...girls are much less likely to be comfortable with being seen as "strange" and therefore are more likely to keep any "kinks" to themselves than boys.
12 years

PinkyDear wrote:
I don't think there are more men than women that have fetishes. Men are just more likely to go on the internet for their pleasures.

Everyone is different, everyone has their own kink.

Exactly.

For some people this doesn't even develop, I know I was born like this, I never remember not being into this stuff.
12 years

I dont think anything that happens in your life causes it, I think its just like being gay or having another type of fetish
you're just born with it
12 years

Layla wrote:
I dont think anything that happens in your life causes it, I think its just like being gay or having another type of fetish
you're just born with it

Not sure if you meant to say what you said, but I disagree:
Being gay isn't a fetish, it's a sexual orientation. Being more attracted to brunettes is a preference, so is being attracted to big girls or guys. Feederism is a fetish, just like getting turned on by shoes or something. I'm making this sound more black&white then it actually is because some things are obviously (or far less obviously) related, but that's my perspective.

We're humans, the world consists of shades of gray, everybody just gets a different set of pencils to add some color to it smiley.
12 years

I can always remember being very young and stuffing my clothes with pillows to look fat. There was a store in my town that sold very large clothing... and remember seeing the really large clothes and often wondered what it would be like to fit in them.
Then I also remember one summer when I was under about ten I used to make fried egg sandwiches...and I would eat maybe three or four a day loaded with mayo...my grandmother grabbed my belly once when visiting after that summer and said "whats all this?"which made me very embarrassed.
Then as I entered high school... I only had the eye for the girls that had hips and big "booties"...I never dated the larger girl in school but I did however add a few pounds to my high school gf because the only time her parents would let her leave with me was to get ice cream or a sandwich...she never got plump but did get awfully plump around the middle.
Then in college 1998-03...the internet arrived and at first I thought I had a pregnancy fetish but it turns out that I just like girls that have a little bit (or a lot) of belly!
I really don't know what may cause a person to become an FA, I do however feel isolated in such a way that I don't talk about it. I keep it to my self and only find women with a little to a lot extra sexy...
12 years

Kid A wrote:
NeptuneFA13 wrote:
Layla wrote:
you're just born with it

Not sure if you meant to say what you said, but I disagree:
Being gay isn't a fetish, it's a sexual orientation. Being more attracted to brunettes is a preference, so is being attracted to big girls or guys. Feederism is a fetish, just like getting turned on by shoes or something. I'm making this sound more black&white then it actually is because some things are obviously (or far less obviously) related, but that's my perspective.

We're humans, the world consists of shades of gray, everybody just gets a different set of pencils to add some color to it smiley.

I am pretty sure Layla just means we didn't get to choose to be into feederism, just like gays did not get to choose to be gay. And people who are turned on by shoes did not choose that either, just saying.

Yeah I didn't think she meant that, but the way it was written seemed 'out of place' for some reason. No hard feelings here.
12 years

That is exactly what I meant Kid A !! Thankyou lol
I am totally aware that being gay isnt a fetish
12 years

Layla wrote:
That is exactly what I meant Kid A !! Thankyou lol
I am totally aware that being gay isnt a fetish

+1. I have tried repressing it, hiding it, running away from it but it ALWAYS returns. For a long time I just wanted to be able to turn it off and "be normal", but now I embrace it and roll with it (no pun smiley.

Along the main topic, I am a sociologist and there are many studies that indicate that women are 5-10 times more negatively influenced by social norms and other societal "pressures" to look a certain way, emote a certain way, etc. Men, on the other hand, tend to be given a little leniency. How many times do you see a guy gain 40-100lbs after getting married while the wife stays the same? For a man to get fat, it is "funny" to his friends, if a woman gets fat it is a "shame" to her friends. So many different influences but those are the main generalities.
12 years

By the way, what is the difference between a fetish and a sexual orientation? I'm not attracted to skinny men or women, but I am attracted to a man or women with a gut. However, i'm not homosexual. I think you are getting confused with the labels of deviance.

Homosexuality is considered an "orientation" because it is deviant (only because people have deemed it so). Fat fetish is also deviant and labeled a fetish because people have deemed it so. Without terms and labels, the process behind the desire is exactly the same.

Don't discredit the fetish by enhancing the orientation, that isn't fair or well thought out. Fetish=Orientation=Preference. Many people have struggled with both to equal degrees and you are doing them a huge injustice.
12 years
123   loading