Gaining

Getting too fat for my clothes

I've pretty much maintained my current weight of 195 lbs for the past 2 years or so. Althought recently, I've noticed that my waistline has been thickening a great deal (not to mention my ballooning belly) where I've been finding it impossible to button my pants.

So, I have started to wear a waist cincher just to close them. But those cinchers are murder! I've had to really suck it in and they are incredibly tight.

But, it just so happened that yesterday I was driving to a business meeting. I have been driving about an hour and felt as if I may have not closed the fly of my pants. I reached down and it wasn't my fly...the seams of my pants had ripped from the end of my zipper to my crotch. In essence, I was now wearing crotchless pants. I guess the cincher had put pressure on my belly and squeezed it against the seams of my pants causing them to rip open.

Now I have had experience with the seams splitting my my rear and covering it with a sweater, but this was a little hard to hide. So, I had little choice but to turn around to go home and change.

I guess it's time for some shopping...smiley
12 years

Great real story Lizzy. Hope you are doing well.
12 years

Thanks, I am doing fine. It seems ages since we've talked. Hope you and your family are well.
12 years

I've noticed that I was a size 20 previously. I can no longer wear a size 20. Now, I am wearing a size 24.
12 years

dlee301 wrote:
My belly has started hang out of my shirts. I love when I catch people staring at my gut!

I like it to see a girls belly hang out of a shirt. I am always staring... smileysmiley
<3 Henk
12 years

When I gained 12 lbs in last summer - some of my button-down shirts went too tight on me. But the fact that i'm lazy to go and buy new ones larger in size made me wear some of those shirts at work.

That's an interesting combo of awkwardness and pleasure of growing out of clothes and still wearing them in public. I do really like to put clothes I had outgrown sometimes at home and do it again and again until I outgrow them so much they rip apart. But in public that would be way too embarassing for me.

One day, while I was wearing a shirt that already was tight and shown gaps between buttons around my belly, there was a co-worker (also a fatty) who patted my belly and said "getting fatter, huh? watch out or you're gonna get your shirt teared apart here" *points to my belly* ... I was both pleased and embarrased by that incident. But embarassment won I guess... so I think I'll better go for shopping bigger shirts next time I outgrow my work outfit.
12 years