General

Bbw's as girlfriends.........

Layla's comment about family is very interesting.

When it comes to strangers, who really cares what they think. After all in this current age, going out with a fat woman is hardly unusual. Friends may rib you a bit, but at the end of the day they are more likely to be concerned as to whether the new partner their friend has will stop them going out with their friends, more than what she looks like.

Family is different, I know as a parent that I'm concerned whether my children have chosen the right partner for many reasons. Therefore, if the relationship between parents and their children is good and even if the parent accepts their childrens choice, the children themselves may also look for a certain amount of approval from their parents.

I know that my mum never particularly liked my wife, for many reasons (my mum was very much a Peggy Mitchell type of person). But part of that was also that she thought I must have low self esteem for choosing a fat woman to be my wife. Although it was my choice and my mum knew that, she would often ask me am I really happy. I didn't want a rift to develop between my wife and my mum, however, they never did get on.

Cutting out your family in favour of a partner is very isolating and for certainly about 5-6 years I didn't see my mum that often, or attend many family gatherings. My dad also didn't particularly like my wife either, but was less vocal about it, but my wife knew how he felt.

Parents have no right to choose who their children want as partners, but sometimes they know their children more than the children know ourselves, but perhaps express themselves poorly at times. This can lead to a defensive nature when it comes to children wanting their partners to meet their parents.
11 years

Bbw's as girlfriends.........

My dating career isn't a long one and it only started after I really began to get things established after graduating high school.
Getting to the question, most of my female friends are BBW or Borderline and both my Ex' and my current are of the same build. All of them have met the family and while there's been some raised eye brows over it, I kind of second the theories stated thus far.
As long as she's happy, you're happy, and the universe doesn't seem hell bent against the pairing, why worry?
11 years
12   loading