Gaining

Getting fatter & new clothes.

Yeahh I hate that too, I mostly just wear like leggings and tops and stuff haha, and maternity jeans or stretchy ones
I have one pair of leggings that is like a size 14 and still fits me haha, theyre sooo stretchy I love them
11 years

I also buy really stretchy clothes and spend most of my life in leggings haha.

The clothes I wear range from a UK 16-24. I don't tend to look at sizes, just try them on and if they fit they fit (they rarely fit in the way they are meant to, for example I have some cheap bodycon dresses that I wear as tops.)

I imagine it is probably harder for guys though.

I'm worrying because my work has recently introduced a dress code, which means I'll have to wear shirts and skirts/trousers. I imagine I'll probably be constantly having to update my work wardrobe! Thank god they got rid of the 'uniform' idea, so at least I wont have to go through my boss every time I gain weight!
11 years

This is pretty much the only thing I hate about gaining weight.Its nowhere near as bad if you can get by with casual clothes,but is a real pain if you have a professional smileyjob as I do and need to wear suits!Gets very expensivesmiley
11 years

zaf wrote:
I've really enjoyed getting fat, much fatter than I thought I ever would be but the downside is having to buy new clothes very regularly.

ps buying stylish clothes is much harder.

Congrats on your new fat experience, sounds like fun smiley

You need British fat guys to give you tips really, but I've found that you can replicate most looks by visualising a version of what you want to wear, and being a bit creative about re-creating it on a budget and for a fatty, by buying from brands that do the bigger sizes, eg. ASOS or Next online. They're getting miles better at producing cheap and larger size knock-offs of fashionable stuff. You can still wear the accessories from your favourite fancy thin-person's shops though!

Doesn't really work if your ideal look is Vivienne Westwood or McQueen though (although if anyone has any chubster styling techniques please please tell me!)

Plus... you're not that fat ... yet... Should be ok from regular shops for a while?
11 years

I hate this too, especially jeans! I went from a size 31 waist to 34 in about 6 months time and now I own 12 pairs of jeans out of which 2 fit comfortably, 2 very snug and 8 just plain unbuttonable.

I can still easily buy from regular shops, but it's getting expensive.
11 years

I loved gaining the weight but finding jeans that will fit has alway been a chore.

Lucky for me, I don't have to wear suits.
11 years

I'm right on the fringe now of not being able to get trousers that fit (in the elegant supermarkets where I shop for clothes, lol). I'm between a 40/42" waist and a stubby 31" leg and it's a bugger trying to find a short 42!
Plus a lot of my shirts and t shirts are now riding up every time I move - no problem for me but for some reason my coworkers/teammates moan at seeing my belly roll ...
11 years

im having a bit of trouble finding a good leather or even fake leather jacket for going out. Anyone know any brands that do bigger sizes from say XXL and up for guys?
11 years

Just got back from a long holiday in a sunny place, so I only wore shorts and swimwear. Gained quite a few pounds there apparently, since only two pairs of jeans are button able... Anyone got tips on making jeans last longer?? Are there decent looking stretchy jeans for men out there?
11 years

Guess my next pair of jeans will be a 36 and a new belt then. Oh well, small sacrifice for the joy of gluttony smiley.
11 years
12   loading