General

Consider yourself a geek/dork?

Hard to say. I would say nerd because of all my inclinations with technology, math, and science, but then again I am studying to be a computer programmer, and am huge computer enthusiast/gamer plus an artist so it's hard to determine.
11 years

Walter Kovacs wrote:
I consider myself a nerd. Sci-fi and fantasy addicted, in all its forms. Science lover, debunker and skeptical inquirer.

What this guy said, more or less. I like things that make me think. If that makes me a nerd, then I suppose I'm a nerd.
11 years

i am a total nerd, i love video games, comics and tv/films mwahahaa
11 years

Total geek here. Gamer, sci-fi (and sf, yes I know they're basically the same thing, but in literature the generally preferred term is sf) addict, and I still watch cartoons and anime! lol
11 years

Undersided wrote:
I am new on here, and I don't know if there was a topic about this recently. But I am posting it anyways.

I consider myself both dork and geek proudly.

I love video games. From Call of Duty to Mass Effect.

And anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy, movies, books, tv, games, etc.

If anyone else considers themselves of the title name, what are you all into? Whatever it may be that you think makes you a geek/dork.

You love Mass Effect? The first one (PC) is an absolute masterpiece for me. I'm still in search of anything that tops that. Other than that, I like Left 4 Dead 2.

Although I barely have time to play these days.
11 years

Undersided wrote:
I love anything to do with history, I could watch the history channel for hours on end. Although being able to go there and expierence in real life would be much better. And

I love watching documentaries on anything archaeological. Ancient Greece, Egypt, Etc.

This.
11 years

Nerdy to the umpteenth degree. Sci-fi, Fantasy, just about everything that falls under those categories you'd find me geeking out over.

I also love role playing games, both of the video and pen-and-paper varieties. ATM I'm running a campaign in the Broomstix system (highly modified). Broomstix is the Harry Potter D20. It's my first shake at DM-ing, but I think I'm doing alright so far. I also intend to run a Star Wars D20 campaign based off of a story I'm writing. (No, not the Consort...but that would be very interesting.) Other pen-and-paper games I'm going to be involved in, my cousin is getting ready to start DM-ing a game in the Dragon Age D20 system.
10 years

Yes. Yes I am. I love the History channel. I love space/astronomy. I love wrestling, nintendo, mervel anything and movies.

I love writing and learning new things and how things work. I enjoy Dr. Who and I wish I had a closet that would lead to Narnia.

And a lot of other things.
9 years

Can I join the geek gang please ?

I am not a gamer, nor do I watch films, ... BUT .. I have been a radio communications hobbyist for many years.
I enjoy driving to a high location, erecting (oooer) a large home-made antenna, and chatting with other radio operators across the world.
From the midlands UK I have spoken to people as far as New Zealand (which is just about on the opposite side of the world to me), and to over 150 different countries / islands.
The pic/link below shows my home-made 2 element cubical quad antenna
9 years